How do I transfer Outlook contents to new computer?

Old December 6th 07, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sarah

Default How do I transfer Outlook contents to new computer?

Hi,
I have a new computer and need to transfer my outlook over from my laptop.
Am using 2003, which is installed on my new computer also. I've been
searching these q&a's, and see that I will need to "copy to a pst file"? What
is this, where do I find it, and how to I execute it??? And if any of you
clever people choose to help me, you will have to talk r-e-a-l-l-y
s-l-o-w-l-y, as I'm very sorry, but I don't speak your language.
--
Regards,
Sarah
Old December 6th 07, 08:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

See if this helps
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

Old December 6th 07, 11:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

your welcome

"Sarah" wrote in message
Thanks very much DL
--
Regards,
Sarah

Old June 9th 08, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MRB

I used this to transfer between outlook 2003 and 2007 (copy the pst on the
old machine / version and import it like a restore and it worked fine.

Old June 9th 08, 01:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

For the record: you never import Outlook data unless you want to change it
or lose it. Use the instructions in the link, not the one from mrb.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 9th 08, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"mrb" wrote in message
I used this to transfer between outlook 2003 and 2007 (copy the pst on the
old machine / version and import it like a restore and it worked fine.

Lucky - very lucky.

Old August 10th 08, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Whitestone

I have read the How To link several times and it seems to address moving data
from same version to same version. I want to move all data from Outlook 2002
SP3 to Outlook 2007 (new laptop). I assume (#*!) that the 2002 pst file has
changed structure and can not be used in 2007. What is the proper procedure
to get my data safely and completely transferred?

Old August 10th 08, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It can be used but we recommended upgrading to the new pst format.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old November 29th 08, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MNJRC

This was EXTREMELY helpful. I successfully transferred my Outlook contents to
my new computer. The MS Help feature was next to worthless. These directions
were excellent.