ERROR:Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working

Old October 6th 08, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
rudyk2evy

Default ERROR:Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working

Thanks for your interest...

I emptied out the Owner/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook and the
Owner/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Outlook folders leaving only the active
Outlook.pst file in the Owner... folder to generate a new profile. Several
new files were generated automatically but the problem remained. I suppose
that could mean that the .pst file is corrupted.

Addins are sparse. The only active one is Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service
and this cannot be turned off ("The connected state of office add-ins
registered in HKLM cannot be changed") Ditto for inactive addin Microsoft
VBA for Outlook.

The behavior is as if Outlook fails to shut down a process when the program
is closed and the process is unable to continue and generates the error
window.

I'm going to back up my files and download free pst repair software for a
last shot.

Again, thanks.

Rudy

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It tells me that either you have an addin causing problems (Tools, Trust
Center, Addins) or the profile is corrupt. I'd start by disabling all the
addins and see if it works correctly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"rudyk2evy" wrote in message
Same problem using Outlook7 and new install of Vista SP1

Problem is not evident when Outlook is run in Safe Mode. Also I noticed
that the problem was not evident on first use of Outlook after booting
back
into normal mode. What does this tell you Brian?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

JT Innovations wrote:

I have the same problem and I'm running Office Pro 2003 too. Outlook
runs fine until I close out and then I get the same msg. Has anyone
found a fix for it. It just gets annoying to have this going on when
I shut down my computer at night.

Does the same thing happen if you start Outlook in safe mode?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old October 16th 08, 07:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
It tells me that either you have an addin causing problems (Tools, Trust
Center, Addins) or the profile is corrupt. I'd start by disabling all the
addins and see if it works correctly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...default.mspxor point your

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

JT Innovations wrote:

I have the same problem and I'm running Office Pro 2003 too. Outlook
runs fine until I close out and then I get the same msg. Has anyone
found a fix for it. It just gets annoying to have this going on when
I shut down my computer at night.

Does the same thing happen if you start Outlook in safe mode?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]- Hide quoted text -

If you have iTunes but no iphone, try disabling the "Apple Mobile
Device" service.
John
Old March 8th 09, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
J Lutgring

I use Vista Ultimate 32 with Office 2007. For the past few weeks I have been
getting this error, "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working."Then
whenever I relaunched Outlook, I got the pop up that said that it was
checking the PST file for errors because it was not closed properly. I used
the command line option /cleanviews and that still didn't help.

After much experimentation, I found a way to prevent this from happening to
me:

I had Outlook 2007 configured to empty the deleted items folder
automatically when it exits. When I turned this feature off and deleted these
items manually before I exited Outlook, when I did exit, there was no error
message. It works that way for me every time.

If you have Outlook configured this way and you would like to try this to
see if this solves this problem, do the following:

To enable/disable this feature, in Outlook, click Tools/Options then click
the Other tab. Remove the check from the box "Empty the Deleted Items Folder
When Exiting." Now click Apply then OK.

I hope you have as much success with this as I have.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

You can run Detect and Repair from any Office program plus Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs-Microsoft Office-Change-Repair.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Ernie asked:

Old September 7th 09, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Shyler

Having wanted to throw my pc out of the window for the last couple of days
after getting the same frustrating response from Office Outlook 2007 while
using vista I found this site and hoped I would get some help but it seems as
if Milly Staples {MVP - Outlook] seems just to want to insult people. To say
I am astonished and dismayed in the extreme is an understatement. I would
have expected a professional response but it seems that this, like Outlook
working is too much to ask for. Perhaps tyou were just having some bad days,
but either way I don't think abusing others is the right way to go and if
need be someone else should respond (politely, although I did not think this
needed to be spelt out, but obviously so!) Politeness costs nothing, but
insults cost customers!!!

Hopefully I can now find an answer to prevent my Outlook 2007 from opening
and then telling me that it won't work, despite using scanpst and other
repair solutions that sadly have not worked and left me unable to use
outlook. I would also like a polite response but I am guessing that Ms
Staples is going to respond in the manner she seems to have become infamous
for...

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Feel better now?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Jules asked:

Old September 7th 09, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

You got a proffessional response pointing out you had a different version &
to start a new thread, which allthough you have done so it containes totally
irrelevent info.
'other repair solutions' does not say a lot.
Start Outlook using the safe switch, see if that helps

Old May 1st 10, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
CB

Old May 1st 10, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
CB

I am running Office Enterprise 2007 on a Win 7 64bit machine. I DO HAVE the
same problem. Outlook opens, then closes in less than one minute with the
same error message. Rather that the snide remarks on this forum, a solution
to the problem would be helpful.

Old May 1st 10, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Foldes[_6_]

CB

There is no snide remarks from here CB. You will need to contact the IT Department
from where you have purchased your Office 2007 Enterprise version through the HUP.
Failing the above you need to contact the Free Telephone support that comes with the
Office Enterprise. For this you will need to have at hand the documentation of your
purchase your VL number that was supplied to you and the HUP number from where you
purchased the Enterprise

Below is the info that you will need and you need your password that was also
supplied with your purchase

Here you will find the Phone numbers and email addresses as to where and whom to
contact about Office Enterprise and your issue.
Scroll down to the bottom of page to North America
https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLic...3/overview.asp

If by any chance you have a pirated version of the software,then unfortunately
nobody is able to help you.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Old May 1st 10, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I have to agree with CB... it sure isn't very friendly here. We're not the
BSA and unless we have reasonable proof someone is using a pirated copy, its
none of our business.

CB - did you try a new profile? Are you using compatibility mode? Even if
you don't recall setting it, double check - a couple of people told me it
was enabled and they swore they did not do it... Find outlook.exe and right
click on it, choose properties then look on the compatibility tab.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

Old May 1st 10, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Foldes[_6_]

Diane

unless we have reasonable proof someone is using a pirated copy

Exactly. Most fall into the above category that post here Those that do not received
instructions on how to get free phone support with their package