*****PLEASE HELP ****** Outlook 2007 Hangs Boot

Old November 5th 07, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

Default *****PLEASE HELP ****** Outlook 2007 Hangs Boot

I just did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Works Great) but
when I Installed MS Office 2007 it worked great for a few days, now when ever
i start Outlook it hangs up and i get this Dialog box "Config Outlook
accounts " in the upper left corner, also the round swerling circle Blue or
Green and thats all i get. All of the other Office programs seem to work
fine, If I start Outlook in safe mode it seems like its opening for the first
time every time?? It looks like none of my view setting stay the same, If i
go to disabled Items there is nothing listed, Still does not work!
I've also tried to uninstall the office program all to gether with
Instructions from MS @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 then did a
clean install of Offfice 2007 And still the same problem...... PLEASE HELP
Todd
--
Thank You
Old November 6th 07, 01:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Todd wrote:

I just did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Works
Great) but when I Installed MS Office 2007 it worked great for a few
days, now when ever i start Outlook it hangs up and i get this Dialog
box "Config Outlook accounts " in the upper left corner, also the
round swerling circle Blue or Green and thats all i get.

Configure a new mail profile with Control Panel's Mail applet. You'll need
to enable viewing of the 32 bit Control Panel.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 7th 07, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

Hey Brian,
The wierdest thing, I cant find a mail icon under Control pannel, is this
becuase of 64-bit Vista ? I searched mail profile and cant find anything?
--
Thank You

Old November 7th 07, 03:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

Sorry Brian,
(Maybe I should be drug tested) :-)

I found it and also i setup a new profile then deleted the old profile and
then rebooted... Still the same problem, So far i have uninstalled Office
2007 then reinstalled it, Created a new profile, all on top of a clean
install of Vista Ultimate 64-bit, all other programs work fine, Photoshop
CS3, Quicken 2007, and all the other office programs work fine???

Thanks so much for your help and FAST response
--
Thank You

Old November 7th 07, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Todd wrote:

I found it and also i setup a new profile then deleted the old
profile and then rebooted... Still the same problem, So far i have
uninstalled Office 2007 then reinstalled it, Created a new profile,
all on top of a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64-bit, all other
programs work fine, Photoshop CS3, Quicken 2007, and all the other
office programs work fine???

While creating a new profile should have addressed this as well, try
deleting the hidden file
%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\{yourprofile}.srs, where "{yourprofile}" is the
name of your mail profile.

As far as you can tell, all of your accounts are configured properly,
correct? Does the Test button for those accounts produce clean results?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 8th 07, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

Hi Brian,
When I set up my new profile I called it NewOutlook, So when I went into
%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook There were The old Files (Outlook.NK2,
Outlook.srs) I deleted both of these and i still have (NewOutlook.NK2,
NewOutlook.srs) Then I rebooted and still the same problem????

I did go into account setup and test my mail settings and they work fine,
Also everything in outlook seems to work ok in safe mode, I can send and
recieve mail just fine,

Again Thank You so MuchFor Your Help, and your FAST response

Todd
--
Thank You

Old November 8th 07, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Todd wrote:

When I set up my new profile I called it NewOutlook, So when I went
into %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook There were The old Files
(Outlook.NK2, Outlook.srs) I deleted both of these and i still have
(NewOutlook.NK2, NewOutlook.srs) Then I rebooted and still the same
problem????

I did go into account setup and test my mail settings and they work
fine, Also everything in outlook seems to work ok in safe mode, I can
send and recieve mail just fine,

Since it starts in safe mode, that indicates you might have an add-in
causing the problem. DIsable all add-ins, stop and restart Outlook, then
start enabling them one at a time and testing with each new enablement. If
the problem recurs, you'll have your culprit, since it likey will be the
most recently enabled add-in.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 9th 07, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

Hi Brian,
OK today I completely deleted all add-in's in Outlook 2007, then did a full
reboot, Still not working???? what else do you think i can try? I really
appriciate your help.

Thank You,
Todd

Old November 9th 07, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Todd wrote:

OK today I completely deleted all add-in's in Outlook 2007, then did
a full reboot, Still not working???? what else do you think i can
try? I really appriciate your help.

Alas, I've run out of ideas. Perhaps someone else will be able to add a
thought.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 9th 07, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

Brian,

Thank you for your help anyway..... I'm surre I'll get it figured out

--
Thank You