*****PLEASE HELP ****** Outlook 2007 Hangs Boot

Old January 5th 08, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

Default *****PLEASE HELP ****** Outlook 2007 Hangs Boot

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message
It SHOULD delete the pst

Uninstalling Outlook does NOT delete any data files......

Old January 6th 08, 12:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diamontina Cocktail

Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of Outlook they
were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on it once.

Old January 6th 08, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not possible. In no version of Outlook has uninstalling ever removed any
data. Even the profile and all its settings remain.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 7th 08, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Diamontina Cocktail wrote:

Instead of that answer, can you say something that may help?

Things like new mail profiles or deleting the outcmd.dat and extend.dat
files are more likely to help Outlook hanging at startup.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 7th 08, 12:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Diamontina Cocktail wrote:

Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of
Outlook they were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on
it once.

Highly unlikely.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old January 8th 08, 11:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diamontina Cocktail

Before you say "not even possible" you have to know the details in which it
happened. It HAS happened to me before, unfortunately. I agree that it
shouldn't but it did nevertheless. Does this mean that the particular
machine had a problem which, when Outlook was removed, also happened to
cause the PSTs to be gone? Well the machines it happened on were all working
badly at the time for various reasons. I had just walked in to a new client
and they had no idea about security, no firewall, no up to date and working
antivirus, no anti spyware. So, sure, with all the other crap I had to
contend with and get rid of before attending to that, yes it could have been
caused by those machines being so invaded in the end.

However, to say something isn't possible assumes you know every little thing
about that machine. With Windows machines I have found that the moment I
think it isn't possible to do something with one, that thing happens. I am
still completely in the dark as to why a Vista Business machine, when you go
to Control Panel, rearranges all the Views in anything else you open up but
a Vista Ultimate 64 bit on the same network actually works normally in the
same situation. I would have said, when I looked up on Google, any answer
for this problem and finding many people complaining about it, that it
happens to all Vistas but clearly it doesn't.

Old January 8th 08, 11:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diamontina Cocktail

"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
Diamontina Cocktail wrote:

Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of
Outlook they were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on
it once.

Highly unlikely.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

A better answer than Russ Valentine's but still not right in the cases to
which I referred. As you seem to understand, nothing is impossible with
Windows. You just have to accept that you have to expect the unexpected.

Old January 8th 08, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Diamontina Cocktail wrote:

A better answer than Russ Valentine's but still not right in the
cases to which I referred. As you seem to understand, nothing is
impossible with Windows. You just have to accept that you have to
expect the unexpected.

I think you have to accept that you're attributing the cause to the wrong
source. I have no doubt that your PST was deleted as you claim, but not
because you uninstalled Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 8th 08, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No one so far has provided steps to repro your claim, including you. Every
instance I've seen where users thought this occurred were simply a matter of
users not knowing where the data file was or how to search for it (PST files
are hidden). Enlighten us with the steps to repro so we can all learn
something new.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 11th 08, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
hat

I have several brand new laptops(Sony Vaio 2.0 Ghz, 2Gmemory, 32-bit OS) and
HP workstations(2 G memory) purchased and installed Vista Ultimate(and
Enterprise)(from scratch) with Outlook 2007. All users are complained how
slow opening their emails and I tried pretty much as you guys discussed
below, and didn’t find solutions yet. I hate to call Microsoft at this time
but I’m posting here. Todd I’m with you and MS didn’t give any solutions…
what a painful products . One strange thing is XP with Outlook 2007 works
fine. But with Vista caused too much slow and slow… especially Outlook 2007.
OWA works wonderfully fine but why NOT OUTLOOK 2007. If you know answers
please post, we are wasting too many hours and money because of MS.

"Todd" wrote:

I just did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Works Great) but
when I Installed MS Office 2007 it worked great for a few days, now when ever
i start Outlook it hangs up and i get this Dialog box "Config Outlook
accounts " in the upper left corner, also the round swerling circle Blue or
Green and thats all i get. All of the other Office programs seem to work
fine, If I start Outlook in safe mode it seems like its opening for the first
time every time?? It looks like none of my view setting stay the same, If i
go to disabled Items there is nothing listed, Still does not work!
I've also tried to uninstall the office program all to gether with
Instructions from MS @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 then did a
clean install of Offfice 2007 And still the same problem...... PLEASE HELP
Todd
--
Thank You