*****PLEASE HELP ****** Outlook 2007 Hangs Boot

Old November 9th 07, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default *****PLEASE HELP ****** Outlook 2007 Hangs Boot

Todd wrote:

Thank you for your help anyway..... I'm surre I'll get it figured out

When you do, post the solution.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old December 13th 07, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diamontina Cocktail

Dunno if you ever fixed that problem but did you, when you reinstalled
Outlook 2007, delete all the boxes? Eg, inbox and so on? The mail store file
may not actually have deleted and it sounds to me like it is corrupted. It
may be a sector error on the hard drive that is just keeping the whole thing
where it is. That being the case, do a full scan (long time needed) of the
HD first and then try Outlook to see if it just works now or if that isn't
the case, now reinstall it once more.

FYI, I got myself a brand new laptop back in June with Vista Ultimate 64
bit. I already had Office 2007 awaiting install on the laptop and I
installed it on a fresh Vista Ultimate 64 bit with no problems occurring
whatsoever. Of course, before opening Outlook, I *DID* manually cause a
Microsoft Update to occur and maybe that was the only difference - some
problem fixed before I got to it.

I would be interested to hear how you overcame the problem.

"Todd" wrote in message
OK Will do..

--
Thank You

Old December 16th 07, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

I never fixed the problem, Im not sure what the store file is, Is that the
PST file? I did do a Manual uninstall per microsoft instructions, will that
delete the store file? also i did do a full scan of my new harddrive and no
errors were reported.

Until then, I will continue to use Outlook in "Safe Mode"

Any help would be GREATLY appriciated

Thanks Todd
--
Thank You

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

[...]

"Todd" wrote in message
OK Will do..

--
Thank You

Old December 19th 07, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Castell

Yes PST is the mail store file. PST stands for Personal STore.

I would create a new PST (File, New, Outlook Data File), manually copy your
emails folder by folder to the new PST file then remove the old PST file.

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

[...]

"Todd" wrote in message
OK Will do..

--
Thank You

Old December 19th 07, 04:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
todd

Thank You Castell

I just created a new Data File and manualy transfered all my data, then
deleted the old file then rebooted and it still hangs on opening up outlook,
It will only run in safe mode????????

Thanks for the info I really appriciate all the help I can get!

Todd

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

[...]

"Todd" wrote in message
OK Will do..

--
Thank You

Old December 22nd 07, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Castell wrote:

Yes PST is the mail store file. PST stands for Personal STore.

I would create a new PST (File, New, Outlook Data File), manually
copy your emails folder by folder to the new PST file then remove the
old PST file.

That's not likely to help.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old January 5th 08, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diamontina Cocktail

It SHOULD delete the pst but it didn't necessarily do so if you had a sector
error that basically stopped that happening. That was my point.

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

[...]

"Todd" wrote in message
OK Will do..

--
Thank You

Old January 5th 08, 11:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diamontina Cocktail

Brian,

Instead of that answer, can you say something that may help?

Old January 5th 08, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diamontina Cocktail

A while back you said you deleted all add ins. I don't think you have. Do
you know how to delete add ins within Outlook? It isn't a simple delete.
Also, if you have ANY add ins in internet explorer, uninstall them all
(Google, Yahoo, whatever) and try again. When you get "config outlook
accounts" it sounds like it is now trying to get you to set up new accounts
as if you have never done it before. It may be trying to import windows mail
or outlook express accounts if any exist on your computer at all.

Have you run Office Diagnostics from the help menu? What did it say?

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

[...]

"Todd" wrote in message
OK Will do..

--