Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook 2007 Filter.txt file??? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/60598-outlook-2007-filter-txt-file.html)

[email protected] November 5th 07 11:32 PM

Outlook 2007 Filter.txt file???

All:

Does Outlook 2007 have a viewable list of filters like previous
versions of Outlook?

The reason I ask is that a corporate wide e-mail was considered junk
mail by several people's junk mail filters and upper management wants
to know why...

I've had this happen before when someone sent an e-mail saying, "Over
1800 customers...." and Outlook 2003 filter saw "Over 18" and
considered it junk mail.

How can I determine why an e-mail was considered junk?

The email was sent internally, on same domain, same exchange box,
etc...

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky November 6th 07 04:53 AM

Outlook 2007 Filter.txt file???

No there is no viewable list. Outlook 2007 does not use a filter.txt file
and hasn't for several versions.

if you could figure out why it was marked junk, spammers can also figure out
why...

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

ps.com...

John Guin[_2_] November 6th 07 06:40 AM

Outlook 2007 Filter.txt file???

No, the filters.txt file was removed for Outlook 2003. OL uses a new spam
filter updated regularly via the Windows Updates site.

The filtered words and their weights are stored in a dll and not in a txt
file anymore. It was too easy for spammers to create mail that avoided the
older (simpler) scheme.

--
Thanks,
John Guin