how to preserve line breaks in the message

Old November 2nd 07, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Igor S

Default how to preserve line breaks in the message

Hi, I'm generating email message from my web app using asp.net 2.0 mail
objects. Each line in the message displays certain info and they all lined up
one under another.To achive that in c# I add "\n" to the string to creat a
new line. Resulting message display exactly what I need in yahoo mail but
outlook strips out extra line breaks following its own logic by leaving some
and removing some. The result is a total mess. Ex:
Date: 07/27/2007 - 07/28/2007
Location: Eric P. Newman Education Center (new line is here) Amount Paid($):
980.00 (new line is here)Transaction ID: V78A0C34914F (new line is
here)Transaction Date: 11/1/2007 at 2:25 PM
Last Name: Doe
First Name: Joe

As you can see some of the lines bunched together, some stay where they
suppose to. All my code to generate these lines is in exactly the same form .
Ex:
strMsgBody += "Some info: " +SomeInfoValue+ "\n" ;
It looks just fine in other mail clients (ex.yahoo mail)
Whta is the deal and how to fix it? Thx!

Old November 2nd 07, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Igor S

I know that you can change Outlook setting on your PC for plain text
messages not to remove these breaks but how to deal with it when you send a
message out and people just see it this way?

Old November 2nd 07, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH

"Igor S" wrote in message

"Igor S" wrote:

Hi, I'm generating email message from my web app using asp.net 2.0
mail
objects. Each line in the message displays certain info and they
all lined up
one under another.To achive that in c# I add "\n" to the string to
creat a
new line. Resulting message display exactly what I need in yahoo
mail but
outlook strips out extra line breaks following its own logic by
leaving some
and removing some. The result is a total mess.

I know that you can change Outlook setting on your PC for plain
text
messages not to remove these breaks but how to deal with it when you
send a
message out and people just see it this way?

If he is sending a plain-text message, it should work (provided the
MIME headers also say it is a plain-text message). If he is sending
HTML then he should be using HTML code (i.e., the BR tag).

Old December 10th 07, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
msudrala

Where and how do you change Outlook settings for plain text messages not to
remove line breaks?
Thanks,
Marshal

Old December 11th 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

msudrala wrote:

Where and how do you change Outlook settings for plain text messages
not to remove line breaks?

ToolsOptionsE-mail Options.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook adding extra line breaks in emails Dan Outlook - General Queries 4 September 11th 07 05:10 AM
How do I stop Outlook removing extra line breaks from text message Brian __ Lowe Outlook - Installation 2 February 9th 07 02:06 PM
This Message has Extra Line breaks... Jay Outlook - General Queries 3 October 3rd 06 01:32 PM
Line breaks Frank Outlook Express 28 July 31st 06 07:51 PM
line breaks in plain text email Michael Logies Outlook - General Queries 4 February 5th 06 08:20 AM