Unformatted Paste in Outlook 2007

Old October 30th 07, 04:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chris Boorman

Default Unformatted Paste in Outlook 2007

From: "Chris Boorman"
Subject: Unformatted Paste
Date: Monday, October 29, 2007 1:15 PM

It seems like Outlook 2007 is using Word 2007 as its editor (the same
features and dialog boxes are there), but I'm blocked from accessing the
Word object model.

* Is there a way to "unblock" access to the Word object model?
* Is there another object model that I can access?

"Chris Boorman" wrote in message
Thanks.

I'd like to have this same functionality in Outlook 2007 (i.e., when
editing an e-mail message, have the Ctrl+d shortdcut produce an
unformatted paste). Can you help me with that too?

Chris Boorman.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The macro

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep
End Sub

works in both Word 2003 and 2007
and the edit paste special function is already assigned to ALT+CTRL+V

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"Chris Boorman" wrote in message
When I used Word 2003, I created a one-line macro for pasting unformatted
text:
(Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText),
...and I assigned it the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+d". For me, this was
truly an indispensible tool.
I now use Word 2007, and unfortunately my macro doesn't work. Word 2007
has a new feature that is supposed to make such a macro
unnecessary. In the Word 2007 Advanced Options page, there are three
options for pasting text.
Keep Source Formatting
Match Destination Formatting
Keep Text Only
I've experimented with these settings, but I've found them to be too
restrictive. So, I now find myself clicking "Past" on the Clipboard tab
on the Home ribbon, and then "Paste Special" and then "Unformatted Text,"
which is cumbersome.
Can someone tell me how I can assign the unformatted paste functionality
to keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+d"?

Thanks,
Chris Boorman.