Disable Save, Save As function in emails - Outlook 2003

Old October 27th 07, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Disable Save, Save As function in emails - Outlook 2003

Dear All,

Would be grateful if somebody could tell me if it is possible to send
out emails that do not allow the recipients to Save or Save As.

By modifying the Outlook forms, i could send out emails without the
Forward function.
But i was wondering if the Save functions can be disabled.

Me using Outlook 2003.

Please enlighten.. Thanks alot in advance!!

Old October 27th 07, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear All,

Would be grateful if somebody could tell me if it is possible to send
out emails that do not allow the recipients to Save or Save As.

By modifying the Outlook forms, i could send out emails without the
Forward function.

If your emails go outside of a Windows server 2003 DRM environment, then
your recipients can do anything they like to them.....

But i was wondering if the Save functions can be disabled.

see above - No.

Old October 27th 07, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 10:38 pm, "Gordon" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Dear All,

Would be grateful if somebody could tell me if it is possible to send
out emails that do not allow the recipients to Save or Save As.

By modifying the Outlook forms, i could send out emails without the
Forward function.

If your emails go outside of a Windows server 2003 DRM environment, then
your recipients can do anything they like to them.....

But i was wondering if the Save functions can be disabled.

see above - No.

thanks for the reply Gordon.
what if the email i am sending out is to a colleague in the office?
Would there be a way that i can prevent him from saving the email?

Old October 27th 07, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

oups.com...
wrote in message

oups.com...

Dear All,

Would be grateful if somebody could tell me if it is possible to send
out emails that do not allow the recipients to Save or Save As.

By modifying the Outlook forms, i could send out emails without the
Forward function.

If your emails go outside of a Windows server 2003 DRM environment, then
your recipients can do anything they like to them.....

But i was wondering if the Save functions can be disabled.

see above - No.

thanks for the reply Gordon.
what if the email i am sending out is to a colleague in the office?
Would there be a way that i can prevent him from saving the email?

If you are operating within a Windows server 2003 domain using DRM then you
might be able to (I don't know anything about either Server 2003 or DRM in
detail). If not, then no.

Old October 27th 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Gordon - just an FYI - it is called Information Rights Management - IRM, not DRM.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Gordon asked:

Old October 27th 07, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote in message
Gordon - just an FYI - it is called Information Rights Management - IRM,
not DRM.

Thanks for the correction!