(right click)Send ToMail Recipient... not working...?

Old October 17th 07, 02:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
99XJ

Default (right click)Send ToMail Recipient... not working...?

On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file,
choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email loaded
with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked
and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting
correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up a
new email loaded with an attached file of choice).

is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up
when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient?

Old October 18th 07, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"99XJ" wrote in message
On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file,
choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email
loaded
with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked
and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting
correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up
new email loaded with an attached file of choice).

is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up
when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient?

Outlook or Outlook Express?

For Outlook Express:
From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/defaultl.htm

Go to Start | Run and type this command, with the double quotes and spaces:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

and then make sure that OE is selected as the default mail program in both
IE and OE.

If that isn't enough, see this article:
"Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

You might also want to try this:

Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm

To set Outlook as the default mail client,- Go to Start, Run - Type in the
following with quotation marks and press OK
"C:\program files\microsoft office\office\outlook.exe" /checkclient
For more information on Outlook see:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Old October 20th 07, 12:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

"99XJ" wrote in message
None of those solutions worked, still brings up the MSN Explorer log on
page

I don't have any more ideas. Sorry.

Old October 20th 07, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Lu Powell

Found this on a another forum:

"However I found from the below website that the sendmail.dll resides at
different sites, and on copying it from the sytem32 folder to the dll
cache folder where it was not present, the problem was solved.
http://www.exodus-dev.com/techtips/w...endmaildll.htm "

Old October 23rd 07, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.outlook
Sezzyredd

On the internet explorer browser click on toolsinternet optionsprograms and
select Outlook as your email program.