Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Hotmail account setup (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/57673-hotmail-account-setup.html)

April September 26th 07 09:02 PM

Hotmail account setup

When I click on the 'root' of my Hotmail account, it shows "The page cannot
be displayed". How do I rectify this?

When I then click on Send/Receive but only my Inbox is updated. How do I
ensure the Bulk Mail is updated as well.

Thank you.

BillR [MVP] September 27th 07 02:42 AM

Hotmail account setup

The root folder has no page associated with it.

Use Ctrl + Alt + S to access your send receive group settings. Select your
Hotmail account and choose the folders you want to update in Folder Options.
--
Bill R MVP

Brian Tillman September 27th 07 01:10 PM

Hotmail account setup

April wrote:

When I click on the 'root' of my Hotmail account, it shows "The page
cannot be displayed". How do I rectify this?

You don't. The root of a Hotmail account doesn't ever show anything because
it always contains nothing. Why do you expect to see something there?

When I then click on Send/Receive but only my Inbox is updated. How
do I ensure the Bulk Mail is updated as well.

Press Alt-Ctrl-S while viewing your Inbox. Select your Send/Receive group
(probably "All Accounts" and click Edit. Select the Hotmail account and put
a check by the folder named "Junk E-mail". Click OK.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

April September 27th 07 05:04 PM

Hotmail account setup

It displays The Page Cannot be found and I thought I could change it to
display the Hotmail URL.

I also thought it may fix the problem where I click in the Inbox or Bulk
Mail and the screen \'refreshes\' for about 3 seconds then \'moves\' and seems
to reset itself to the left hand pane. I wanted to find the cause of this
problem and thought it maybe related. Have you heard of this issue?

Brian Tillman September 27th 07 07:22 PM

Hotmail account setup

April wrote:

I also thought it may fix the problem where I click in the Inbox or
Bulk Mail and the screen \'refreshes\' for about 3 seconds then \'moves\'
and seems to reset itself to the left hand pane. I wanted to find
the cause of this problem and thought it maybe related. Have you
heard of this issue?

No, never. Can you post some before/after screen shots?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]