Old September 17th 07, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Advanced Search Criteria - Dynamic Date Range

I am attempting to create a Search Folder that will show all e-mails
received over 45 days ago. I am having a devil of a time trying to
figure out how to specify this in the Advanced Search Criteria. If I
put the field 'Sent' with condition 'on or before' and the value of
'8/3/2007' it returns the correct list of messages. Since 8/3/2007
will only be valid on the date 9/17/2007 I was trying to put
something in the value field that would be dynamic. I have tried
'now-45', 'today-45','dateadd("d",-45,now', and
'dateadd("d",-45,today)' . None of these return the correct set of
messages. I have searched the web and I get some reasonably simple
examples but nothing relating to dynamic dates.

Any ideas? Can this even be done?

Thanks for any insight that can be provided.

Mike

Old September 18th 07, 04:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

today - 45 seems to work on the modified date. (I moved to a new server less
than 45 days ago and had to use today - 5 - but noticed it found older items
that I moved within the last 5 days, but not every thing I imported.)

45 days ago seems to work correctly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

ups.com...

Old September 18th 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

wrote in message

ups.com...

I am attempting to create a Search Folder that will show all e-mails
received over 45 days ago. I am having a devil of a time trying to
figure out how to specify this in the Advanced Search Criteria. If I
put the field 'Sent' with condition 'on or before' and the value of
'8/3/2007' it returns the correct list of messages. Since 8/3/2007
will only be valid on the date 9/17/2007 I was trying to put
something in the value field that would be dynamic. I have tried
'now-45', 'today-45','dateadd("d",-45,now', and
'dateadd("d",-45,today)' . None of these return the correct set of
messages. I have searched the web and I get some reasonably simple
examples but nothing relating to dynamic dates.

Any ideas? Can this even be done?

Thanks for any insight that can be provided.

Mike

Diane,

I just tried it again and it still shows no messages when I use 'today
- 45' and ALL messages when I use 'today - 30'. I am using Outlook
2003 SP2 against an Exchange 2003 server. Funny thing while
experimenting, I found that if I put 'today - 7' in the value field it
returns everything created on or before 9/7/2007, if I put 'today -
10' it returns everything created on or before 9/10/2007, but if I
put 'today - 1' it returns everything 8/31/2007 and older. I am
getting REAL confused here. Does this process take place completely
on the client or does it get Exchange involved?

I also tried it on my personal laptop running Office 2007 against an
SMTP/POP3 mail system and get the same thing.

thanks

Mike

Old October 22nd 15, 06:18 PM
ContentWay ContentWay is offline
Junior Member

Quote:

Mike wrote:

Diane,

I just tried it again and it still shows no messages when I use 'today
- 45'...
Use "45 days ago".

I.E. "Sent", "on or after", "45 days ago" for field, condition, and value.

Last edited by ContentWay : October 22nd 15 at 06:21 PM.