Cannot access macros, security settings or VBA editor in OL 2003

Old September 10th 07, 09:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Boxington Headmaker

Default Cannot access macros, security settings or VBA editor in OL 2003

Hello all,

I've run into a problem on 3 separate machines (of 75) where the user cannot
access the macros, security settings or VBA editor in Outlook 2003. The
menu items are there but clicking them has no effect.

Researching this on the net there are various options. I've tried the
detect and repair office and fully uninstalling and reinstalling Office to
no avail.

If I delete the user profile from the machine, and recreate it, or logon as
another user,
it starts working again.

Does anybody have any ideas, I'd prefer not to have to go round each machine
and reset the profiles, reinstall printers etc. if I could find out why this
is happening?

Many thanks,
Boxington