Japanes, English and Spanish- can they live together?

Old September 7th 07, 11:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Espana2006

Default Japanes, English and Spanish- can they live together?

Hi, I am running Vista in Japanese and have just installed Outlook 2003 in
English. I note that Outlook appears to have 'adpated' itself to the OS,
showing options which did not appear on my old English W2K machine. Also, the
default font for notes and tasks is one which supports Japanese (and looks
rather ugly for English..)

Anyway, I work in English, Japanese and Spanish and use a Palm TX. When I
synchronise with Outlook, any note or task which contains accented characters
get scrambled. Typically. an accented a or i appears as a Kanji character in
Outlook. If there are no accented characters, you can sync notes and tasks
without problem- this only happens if an accented character appears in the
title or body of a note.

I guess there is an encoding issue but I could not solve this by changing
the font in the options. Outlook appears to convert all note or task
containing accented characters into Japanese and you cannot change the
content by swapping the font. If you edit any note containing accents on
Outlook, all accents disappear on the Palm and are replaced with '?'

Is there something I can change in the registry to solve this?

BTW, accents transfer OK using the English Palm task/ note manager installed
on the Japanese OS.