Outlook 2007 auto archived messages are gone

Old September 7th 07, 10:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Outlook 2007 auto archived messages are gone

Hi,

If this going to wrong news group, please let me know where I should
be posting. Anyway, here goes...

I'm having very strange behaviour from some Outlook 2007
installations.

When auto archive runs, it does so successfully - creates the
archive.pst file (the first time it runs) and then moves the files to
the new .pst. However, when I try and have a look at the archived
messages, they're gone. Folder size is zero and no messages are moved
into the file.

The funny thing is that it faithfully recreates the folder structure
from the original .pst for messages that meet the archive settings
(older than 12 months), but no messages are stored in the archive.
The problem is that the messages from the original store are gone.

The mail files are generally large (from 500MB to 2.5GB), which is the
reason that we upgraded from OL2003 and for using auto archive. The
users were using an IMAP infrastructure, but everything is running
POP3 from OL2007 because of the size of the individual message stores
and the file size limits from previous versions of OL.

My own mail store (at office) is large (~1.8GB after auto archiving)
and the files are showing up as expected in the archive. However,
these other machines are having the above issues. The problem
machines are all running XP SP2 and my machine is (now) running Vista
Business. Previously, my machine was also XP SP2 and worked well.

I can't seem to figure this out and I've searched the web twice (it
feels like), including MS support to no avail. I suppose it's quite
possible that I've cocked something up, but I can't figure out what
the problem would be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Rowan