Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Trouble with add-in (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/55630-trouble-add.html)

kenzix August 28th 07 08:06 AM

Trouble with add-in

When I open Outlook 2003, the warning messages show up saiyng "The add-in
"C:\Program Files\McAfee VirusScan\scanemal.dill" could not be installed or
loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. and
The add-in "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\so\vsolpg.dill" could not be installed or
loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu."
Then, I tried to resolve it by using Detect and Repair, but it did not fix
this problem. How can I resolve this kind of problem? I am using a different
security software now.

Ben M. Schorr, MVP August 28th 07 09:26 AM

Trouble with add-in

Do you still see McAfee listed in Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs? If
so, can you uninstall it?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Brian Tillman August 28th 07 02:00 PM

Trouble with add-in

kenzix wrote:

When I open Outlook 2003, the warning messages show up saiyng "The
add-in "C:\Program Files\McAfee VirusScan\scanemal.dill" could not be
installed or loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair
on the Help menu. and The add-in
"c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\so\vsolpg.dill" could not be installed or
loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help
menu." Then, I tried to resolve it by using Detect and Repair, but it
did not fix this problem. How can I resolve this kind of problem? I
am using a different security software now.

Try deleting the (hidden) file
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat
(for XP) or
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat (for Vista) and then restarting
Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman August 28th 07 07:39 PM

Trouble with add-in

kenzix wrote:

Where can I find those hidden file?

I gave you the exact path.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

kenzix August 30th 07 06:22 PM

Trouble with add-in

I could delete the file that you gave. It seems that the second warning
"c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\so\vsolpg.dill" could not be installed or loaded.
This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." has
disappeared, but the first warning "C:\Program Files\McAfee
VirusScan\scanemal.dill" could not be installed or loaded. This may be
resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." keeps popping up when
I start Outlook.

Brian Tillman August 30th 07 07:27 PM

Trouble with add-in

kenzix wrote:

I could delete the file that you gave. It seems that the second
warning "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\so\vsolpg.dill" could not be
installed or loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair
on the Help menu." has disappeared, but the first warning "C:\Program
Files\McAfee VirusScan\scanemal.dill" could not be installed or
loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help
menu." keeps popping up when I start Outlook.

Use Regedit to scan the registry for that file (scanemail.dll - not .dill)
and remove the key referencing it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

kenzix September 2nd 07 02:12 AM

Trouble with add-in

How do I do that? What I did is that I ran the Regedit and tried to find
"scanemail.dll", but no file was found. Did I do what you told me correctly?

Brian Tillman September 10th 07 01:43 PM

Trouble with add-in

kenzix wrote:

How do I do that? What I did is that I ran the Regedit and tried to
find "scanemail.dll", but no file was found. Did I do what you told
me correctly?

See it this helps:
http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/displaydoc....tegoryId=60985
--