Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/55126-can-new-e-mail-message.html)

[email protected] August 20th 07 10:33 PM

Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor?

When my laptop is running on battery, I have the screen set to go
blank in 1 minute. This tremendously lengthens the amount of operation
I can get from a full charge.

However, I find myself quite often sliding my finger across the touch
pad to wake up the screen so I can check to see if I have any new e-
mail.

It would be really cool if an Outlook add-in existed which would wake
up your screen automatically when you receive a new e-mail.

Does anyone know if such a tool exists?

Diane Poremsky August 21st 07 07:52 PM

Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor?

afaik, there is no such tool. why not turn on sound so you can hear it
arrive?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

oups.com...

[email protected] August 22nd 07 03:27 AM

Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I do have a sound turned on for new e-mail, however, I mute my laptop
when in meetings because such a sound is disruptive, even at the
lowest volume.

I created an add-in for Outlook which can share calendar items to
other Outlook users, with or without Exchange. I may simply find the
Windows API function for waking up the screen and put something in
that tool to do this.