Uploading Back to the Yahoo server...Please Help

Old August 1st 07, 07:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sebastian

Default Uploading Back to the Yahoo server...Please Help

Dear Member of this Help Forum;
please help..please help me because i have lost all my important emails
and i am so depressed...so sad....please Help....i HAVE SEARCHED THIS FROUM
BUT NO ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE....
My story and what i have done :
I have a "Yahoo Small Business Account" with domain name and hosting, and 3
email address from that account. i used to use NO EMAIL CLIENT LIKE OUTLOOK
at all
and i used to save all my emails on yahoo servers and using yahoo normal
email website to read, send and save all my emails...untill tonight!
tonight i set up outlook 2007 Email Client Software and i did set
up a POP server connection, then when everything was done, it asked me
to download my emails, and that outlook software started to
downloading all my emails from Yahoo server to my computer.....about 13000
important emails downloaded to my computer...and now, when i check my
emails in normal yahoo email website(in my own space), there is nothing
there..everything has
been downloaded to my computer....i DO really need to UPLOAD all my
emails again from my computer back to yahoo servers....I DO need to access to
my emails not only in my computer but also in everywhere..i do travel
all the time and i DO need to have access to my emails EVERYWHERE.....i
Do need to upload all my emails from my computer to yahoo servers
AGAIN...please help me....please help me and tell me how can i do this and
upload my emails from outlook (my own computer) to Yahoo servers....at
the moment i have nothing in my email account on yahoo servers and its
empty....please help me...please.....otherwise i will lose my job..thank
you....i cann't sleep tonight...please tell
me that i can UNDO this stupid action...Please help...please.....i DO
look forward to your reply and help....yours, Sebastian

Old August 1st 07, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"Sebastian" wrote in message
please help..please help me because i have lost all my important
emails
and i am so depressed...so sad

You didn't lose them. You chose to download them. All POP3 e-mail
accounts work this way. It's not an Outlook peculiarity. Your e-mails
are now in a local message store managed by Outlook.

[...]

The default configuration for POP3 access to yank the e-mail and then
delete it from the server. You can override that behavior by enabling
the option to leave messages on the server.

For now, you will need to forward all those e-mails to yourself so they
get back up to the mail server (but will be the forwarded copies of your
e-mails rather than the original copies; that is, your original e-mail
will be wrapped around by the new mail used to forward them back to your
mailbox).

If you need to preserve the original headers in the e-mails so you can
review them later, make sure to configure Outlook to forward as an
attachment rather than inline with the new e-mail. If you don't need to
have 13,000 mails sent back up to your mailbox and you can suffice in
having a single e-mail that holds them all then create a new e-mail and
add the 13,000 old ones as attachments to the new e-mail. Then you get
one e-mail to send that shows up on your mail server but then you have
to open an attachment to see each e-mail.

Old August 1st 07, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"Sebastian" wrote in message
Forward 13000 Emails???...it will take me 6 months to forward 13000
emails

Not if you define a rule and then manually run it against the folders
where the e-mails got downloaded to. When you run the rule, you can
specify what folder on which to exercise that rule.

Old August 2nd 07, 07:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
gopi

@ Vince Averello
I did experience the same problem.
As you said i have uploaded all the mails back to the hotmail server. but
the big headache is --

Received dates for all the emails in the hotmail server is now showing the
same date (date of the day I have uploaded to the hotmail server from
Outlook). but the received dates in the outlook is showing correctly. but in
the hotmail server AN EMAIL RECEIVED IN THE YEAR 2002 IS SHOWING LIKE IT HAS
BEEN JUST RECEIVED & UNREAD. ofcourse, when I open the mail, in the header
the received the date is correct as year 2002

In the future , If i want to search the e-mails using the DATE then it will
be a pain.

Other thing, Most of the e-mails are now having attachment as "WINMAIL.DAT".
So the hotmail server inbox is showing more occupied space than
before...what a crap the outlook has done....

Very disappointed with this
Is there any soultion for this ?
Much grateful to anyone who is providing the solution.

Thanks very much
Gopi

Old August 3rd 07, 08:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"Gopi" wrote in message

I did experience the same problem.
As you said i have uploaded all the mails back to the hotmail server.
but
the big headache is --

Received dates for all the emails in the hotmail server is now
showing the
same date (date of the day I have uploaded to the hotmail server from
Outlook).

Because you just sent to your Hotmail account a slew of *new* e-mails.
So, of course, they will have the date when you sent those new e-mails
to that account.

but the received dates in the outlook is showing correctly.

Because Outlook or any other e-mail client will show when they got
pulled when originally received.

but in
the hotmail server AN EMAIL RECEIVED IN THE YEAR 2002 IS SHOWING LIKE
IT HAS
BEEN JUST RECEIVED & UNREAD.

You just sent it a NEW e-mail. Of course it will have the new date.
You didn't *synchronize* the e-mails from your e-mail client with your
Hotmail mailbox (and, no, before you ask, I don't know of sync software
to use between your e-mail client and Hotmail). You send new e-mails to
that mailbox.

Other thing, Most of the e-mails are now having attachment as
"WINMAIL.DAT".

You sent the the *new* e-mails (with the original e-mail as an
attachment) and you used RTF (Rich-Text Format) which should *never* be
used unless both sender and receipient are within the same MS-Exchange
organization and both are guaranteed to be using Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...ry=winmail.dat

So the hotmail server inbox is showing more occupied space than
before...what a crap the outlook has done....

Not a problem with Outlook. The problem is PEBCAK (lookup the acronym).
You sent *new* e-mails to your Hotmail mailbox.

Very disappointed with this
Is there any soultion for this ?

Don't know the history of what was your problem or what you did since
you didn't describe it and instead tried to hijack someone else's
thread. Start your own thread to get help on your problem.

Once you yank e-mails from your mailbox, and with the default
configuration that has the e-mail client -- any e-mail client -- delete
the message from the server once that message is successfully yanked by
the e-mail client, it gets deleted from the mailbox and what you have is
the local copy of it. I haven't a clue why you thought sending *new*
e-mails to your own mailbox would use some old date for the attached
files (the original e-mail).