Outlook 2007 missing mail

Old July 23rd 07, 11:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
goatBadger

Default Outlook 2007 missing mail

Hi,

I've just upgraded from Outlook 2003 to 2007.
The upgrade seemed to have worked, all my accounts are there, as are
my folders and inbox.

It then seemed I was receiving no mail, so I sent a couple of tests,
and they did not appear in my inbox.
I then sent a test with a large attachment. I could see this being
downloaded, but it did not appear in my inbox.
If I do a search, the new mail does not appear, but if I then click
"search all mail items", the new mail appears in the search. The
thing is, it tells me it's in "Personal Folders" in folder "Inbox".
If I then go back to my inbox, it's not there. No new mail is in the
inbox, it's the same e-mail as before I upgraded.
I've checked the folder where the new mail is going to for all
accounts, and it's the same pst that it opens by default.
I've checked all my open folders for the mail, but it's not there.
The only folder that appears to be getting new mail is "Junk e-mail",
and it is spam, none of my tests or other new mail is in there.
There are no filters set for the current view.
Any ideas please?

Thanks for any help,
Scott.

Old July 23rd 07, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

goatBadger wrote:

If I do a search, the new mail does not appear, but if I then click
"search all mail items", the new mail appears in the search. The
thing is, it tells me it's in "Personal Folders" in folder "Inbox".

If the search shows it in the Inbox, then that's where it is. If you don't
see it, you have a filter or view hiding it. Remove any filters on the
folder and reset the view to its defaults. Make sure you sort by the
Received field.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 23rd 07, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
goatBadger

Thanks, but I have reset the current view to the default, and made sure
there is no grouping or filters set.
New mail is still not showing in my inbox.

Although I initially search in the inbox, it does not display until I click
"Try searching again in All Outlook Items".

Old July 24th 07, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

goatBadger wrote:

Thanks, but I have reset the current view to the default, and made
sure there is no grouping or filters set.
New mail is still not showing in my inbox.

Did you try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews command switch? Did
you try starting Outlook in safe mode? Did you try HelpDetect and Repair?
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 24th 07, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
goatBadger

I have just tried starting it with /cleanviews, new mail is still not in the
inbox (but still there on the search).
Have tried detect and repair, and even uninstalling and reinstalling it
before.
Just tried forcing it into safe mode with a reg hack, but this made no
difference either.

Thanks again for your help.

Old July 24th 07, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

goatBadger wrote:

I have just tried starting it with /cleanviews, new mail is still not
in the inbox (but still there on the search).
Have tried detect and repair, and even uninstalling and reinstalling
it before.
Just tried forcing it into safe mode with a reg hack, but this made no
difference either.

Well, I'm stumped.
--
Brian Tillman
Old July 24th 07, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

goatBadger wrote:

I have just tried starting it with /cleanviews, new mail is still not
in the inbox (but still there on the search).
Have tried detect and repair, and even uninstalling and reinstalling
it before.
Just tried forcing it into safe mode with a reg hack, but this made no
difference either.

If this is a retail version of Outlook, you should consider opening an
incident with Microsoft support. It's free for the first 90 days.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 28th 07, 08:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
J. Jonsson

I have this same problem, on Outlook 2007, running Pop3 only mail account.

I can see all new mail in the "Unread Mail" in "Search Folders" but not in
the Inbox!

This happen after at I removed the Domain to another server, and the login
name did change pluss the server address, but the mail address is the same.

This samething did happend in Office 2003, and I then did create new
Outlook.pst file to correct this problem... I guess at I have to do the same
now...

So I recommend doing that...

OK, thanks for your help.

Old July 31st 07, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
goatBadger

Hi,

I've found the solution to this now.
Before I upgraded, I lost connection to our Exchange Server (which we don't
use for e-mail, only for public folders).
When I re-connected, all my lost mail suddenly re-appeared.
I don't know why this is, as all the mail was pop3 on a Linux server
elsewhere, and all mail should be delivered to my local pst.

I know, I should have mentioned about the Exchange server in my first post,
but really didn't think it could have been causing the problem.

Scott.