554 Transaction Failed

Old July 20th 07, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alex

Default 554 Transaction Failed

Help!

I have recently downloaded the Outlook 2007 Trial (valid until 31 July) to
evaluate Outlook to handle my free AOL account. After set-up, it worked
great and I have intended to buy when the trial expires. However, yesterday,
it stopped sending e-mail. I receive a msg from system administrator stating:

Old July 20th 07, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tom Willett

Is that the *entire* content of the error you received? If not, please post
all of it.
There are a lot of possibilities, including your IP address being
blacklisted.

If you uninstall the trial, you won't be able to install it again.

Tom

Old December 15th 08, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brett

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?

Old December 16th 08, 01:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Brett" wrote in message

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?

Consider enabling diagnostic logging to see what's happening between Outlook
and the server.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old December 16th 08, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_]

Not me. I'm not having a problem. So, how could you have the same problem?

"Brett" wrote in message
: I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?
:
: "Tom Willett" wrote:
:
: Is that the *entire* content of the error you received? If not, please
post
: all of it.
: There are a lot of possibilities, including your IP address being
: blacklisted.
:
: If you uninstall the trial, you won't be able to install it again.
:
: Tom
:
: "Alex" wrote in message
: ...
: | Help!
: |
: | I have recently downloaded the Outlook 2007 Trial (valid until 31
July) to
: | evaluate Outlook to handle my free AOL account. After set-up, it
worked
: | great and I have intended to buy when the trial expires. However,
: yesterday,
: | it stopped sending e-mail. I receive a msg from system administrator
: stating:
: |
: | Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
: |
: | Sent: 7/20/2007 1:26 PM
: |

Old December 16th 08, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brett

: "Tom Willett" wrote:
:
: Is that the *entire* content of the error you received? If not, please
post
: all of it.
: There are a lot of possibilities, including your IP address being
: blacklisted.
:
: If you uninstall the trial, you won't be able to install it again.
:
: Tom
:
: "Alex" wrote in message
: ...
: | Help!
: |
: | I have recently downloaded the Outlook 2007 Trial (valid until 31
July) to
: | evaluate Outlook to handle my free AOL account. After set-up, it
worked
: | great and I have intended to buy when the trial expires. However,
: yesterday,
: | it stopped sending e-mail. I receive a msg from system administrator
: stating:
: |
: | Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
: |
: | Sent: 7/20/2007 1:26 PM
: |

Old December 16th 08, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brett

Scott, you were having the same problem as me regarding the 554 Transaction
Failed. Did you figure it out? Thanks.

: "Tom Willett" wrote:
:
: Is that the *entire* content of the error you received? If not, please
post
: all of it.
: There are a lot of possibilities, including your IP address being
: blacklisted.
:
: If you uninstall the trial, you won't be able to install it again.
:
: Tom
:
: "Alex" wrote in message
: ...
: | Help!
: |
: | I have recently downloaded the Outlook 2007 Trial (valid until 31
July) to
: | evaluate Outlook to handle my free AOL account. After set-up, it
worked
: | great and I have intended to buy when the trial expires. However,
: yesterday,
: | it stopped sending e-mail. I receive a msg from system administrator
: stating:
: |
: | Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
: |
: | Sent: 7/20/2007 1:26 PM
: |

Old December 16th 08, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Brett" wrote in message

Scott, you were having the same problem as me regarding the 554
Transaction
Failed. Did you figure it out?

Sounds like you're not properly authenticating to the outgoing server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]