Data File Management (DFM) Disappeared

Old July 20th 07, 03:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GataFeliz

Default Data File Management (DFM) Disappeared

Please help-
My DFM is empty; but all my outlook files are ok; When i click on DFM i get
an error message: "There was an error locating one of the files to complete
this operation. It may have been deleted. " I then close the error message
and the window opens up where i normally see the little outlook file icon and
copy it to my desktop for back up on an external drive. But the window (name
of window is outlook data files) is empty!!

Again, all my data (notes, calendar, contacts and tasks) are there and I
can add and delete data from these files as needed. (I don't use the mail
function of Outlook). I have no viruses and system is performing fine
(Windows XP). Other than this issue, which is critical for backing up files-
my Outlook seems to be "fine".
I managed to go into Docs-Settings Local Apps and get the pst file and copy
for a backup but eh DFM thing is weird.
Thanks,
Gata Feliz

Old July 20th 07, 04:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Try running either Detect and Repair (Outlook 2003 and earlier) or Office
Diagnostics (Outlook 2007) and see if that helps. You may need to have your
Office CD handy.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old July 21st 07, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GataFeliz

Thanks Jocelyn,
did these things. ill revise my posting and try again.
thanks
mk