Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Can't open outlook 2007 (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/52705-cant-open-outlook-2007-a.html)

Pia July 17th 07 07:52 PM

Can't open outlook 2007

I have just installed outlook 2007 on a new machine with windows vista. When
I open it it says configuring and gets stuck there, I do end task, try
starting it up again and it allows me to open in safe mode, but I'm guessing
this isn't a permanent solutions anyone got any suggestions I've googled this
problem and loads of people have problems starting outlook but not this way.
I am tearing my hair out with it!!!!!!
--
Pia

Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook] July 19th 07 08:52 AM

Can't open outlook 2007

Are you trying to reuse an old Outlook profile with Outlook 2007? If so, you
might try creating a new profile from scratch and tell Outlook to start with
that one by default.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook