Auto correct and capitalization otlook 2003

Old July 11th 07, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Auto correct and capitalization otlook 2003

Hi there,

I am having a wierd issue with the Auto Capitalization in outlook
2003.
I am using word as the email editor, and have "capitalize first letter
of sentences" enabled under tools-options-spelling-auto correct.
I have tried with rich text, plain text and html and it is just not
capitalizing.

The ONLY time i can get it to capitalize is if i diable " use word as
editor" and select rich text, but this does not underline spelling and
grammar so is not an option.

I have installed all the service packs and updates.
Repaired and re-installed office.
It works flawlessly on other pc's in the office.

Im stumped.

Any MS boffs out there care to comment, PLease?

Shawn

Old July 18th 07, 10:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your responce.
Yes word does auto capitalize correctly.

Shawn

On Jul 11, 8:58 pm, "Diane Poremsky" wrote:
does auto capitalization work correctly in Word?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi there,

I am having a wierd issue with the Auto Capitalization in outlook
2003.
I am using word as the email editor, and have "capitalize first letter
of sentences" enabled under tools-options-spelling-auto correct.
I have tried with rich text, plain text and html and it is just not
capitalizing.

The ONLY time i can get it to capitalize is if i diable " use word as
editor" and select rich text, but this does not underline spelling and
grammar so is not an option.

I have installed all the service packs and updates.
Repaired and re-installed office.
It works flawlessly on other pc's in the office.

Im stumped.

Any MS boffs out there care to comment, PLease?

Shawn- Hide quoted text -

Old July 18th 07, 10:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the responce,

Yes capatalizing does function correctly in Word - Any idea's ?

Shawn

On Jul 11, 8:58 pm, "Diane Poremsky" wrote:
does auto capitalization work correctly in Word?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP -Outlook]
Author, Teach YourselfOutlook2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner...utlook/ol2007/

OutlookTips by email:

OutlookTips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/Outlook& Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange MessagingOutlooknewsletter:

Old August 17th 07, 01:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Kwasnik

hi, Shawn & Diane --

I'm having the opposite problem.

Office 2003; Outlook using Word as editor.

I have Autocorrect options all turned off, both in Word AND Outlook. When
in Word, the first character in a line is NOT capitalized, which is the way I
want it. In Outlook, the &*!!^%$#@!! software insists on capitalizing the
first character.

I've tried toggling the setting back and forth in Word and Outlook, but it
keeps on doing it.

Every time I write an email, I curse this software. I'm a control freak. I
turn off all spelling, grammar, and automatic formatting. When I want
something, I'll do it myself. I hate software which tries to anticipate my
intent. This is driving me up the wall.

Oh, yeah ... e.e. cummings is rolling around in his grave.

Thanks,
John

Old August 30th 10, 09:11 PM
j reid j reid is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kwasnik View Post
hi, Shawn & Diane --

I'm having the opposite problem.

Office 2003; Outlook using Word as editor.

I have Autocorrect options all turned off, both in Word AND Outlook. When
in Word, the first character in a line is NOT capitalized, which is the way I
want it. In Outlook, the &*!!^%$#@!! software insists on capitalizing the
first character.

----snip----

Thanks,
John
dear john:

well, here it is 2010, and still no real solution in sight

but this is the best workaround around:

use Shift+Return instead of Return for each new line
(of course, this won't take care of the first line, so
for that use Ctrl+Z (undo))

My source:
http://www.office-outlook.com/outloo....php/m/274288/

--john reid--