cant send my resume!

Old June 27th 07, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
jennbenn

Default cant send my resume!

i live in a "free Wifi" town so i dont have an ISP to call to figure out what
i need to send out my resume. its in MS and i have outlook 03 and it wont let
me send the darn thing! ive gotten close but i dont think my URL is right
cause im tring to get it out of my Gmail account. do i have to have an ISP or
am i gonna have to go to Kinkos. pleez help!
--
love cooking not typing!
Old June 27th 07, 06:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Reactor

How big is the file, and can you describe exactly what happens when you try
to send it?

What town do you live in - who is the ISP providing the WiFi?

Old June 28th 07, 12:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
jennbenn

1 file is 30K 2nd is 29K. linskys is the isp in portland OR. when i send it
in an attached or as an insert if i try to open it it tells me "error cant
open file while it is use by another app. file format may not be supported by
installed converters or file may be corrupt"
--
love cooking not typing!

Old June 28th 07, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Reactor

So, you are trying to send the file to yourself? Are you doing this as a
test?

Send me your resume. I need to see if I see the same error.

Old June 28th 07, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Charles W Davis

My God! Don't post someone else's e-mail address. They will start getting
SPAM by the hundreds.
"jennbenn" wrote in message
i sent you my cover letter to hope thats right. and
yes ive sent it to myself to test it as well to a friend of mine but it
was
on the same computer
--
love cooking not typing!

Old June 29th 07, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Reactor

Mr. Davis is right, you should not post anyone's email address on a
newsgroup post. It's a good thing my mom raised me on SPAM.

I got your cover letter. I can't open it, but that's only because it was
created in Microsoft Works, and I don't have Works installed on my machine.

If you try to open it on your own machine and have a problem, there is
something strange going on that is confusing your own computer about the
file. It *should* just open the file in MS Works, but something, like a
converter like the message says, is causing that to break.

Since I did get your file, you appear to not be having a problem sending
your cover letter or resume as an attachment.

However, if you are sending your resume to potential employers, most
companies don't run MS Works as their corporate application. They *may*
have the appropriate converters, or may be willing to get them. But maybe
not. And maybe they will let you know that they can't open your resume, or
maybe they won't.

I suggest you go to www.primopdf.com, and download the free version of their
software. It will allow you to convert your resume into a PDF file, which
pretty much every company will be able to read (and probably most
individuals as well). It will probably take you some time to get used to
the software, so make sure you read the help guide. But it's really
simple - after you install the software, just open your resume, and print
it. When your computer asks you what printer to use, choose Primo PDF as
your printer. YOu will then be asked what to name the file and where to
save it. Answer those questions, pay attention to where you save the file,
and send it to whomever.

Good luck!

"jennbenn" wrote:

i live in a "free Wifi" town so i dont have an ISP to call to figure
out
what
i need to send out my resume. its in MS and i have outlook 03 and it
wont
let
me send the darn thing! ive gotten close but i dont think my URL is
right
cause im tring to get it out of my Gmail account. do i have to have an
ISP or
am i gonna have to go to Kinkos. pleez help!
--
love cooking not typing!

Outlook for resume database rm3chris Outlook - Using Contacts 1 May 3rd 07 02:07 AM
resume edit from draft folder Bill W. Outlook Express 4 April 12th 07 10:25 PM
How do I send resume to contact not in address book stxrus Outlook - General Queries 1 February 12th 07 02:28 AM
resume Marzura Outlook Express 0 December 12th 06 05:34 AM
File send send Link by Email problems in IE after Thunderbird Install Woody Outlook - General Queries 0 January 8th 06 12:26 AM