Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Why does Outlook 2007 freeze when configuring? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/50269-why-does-outlook-2007-freeze.html)

Richardfair June 12th 07 05:49 PM

Why does Outlook 2007 freeze when configuring?

I have upgraded to Outlook 2007 but when I restart my computer I get the
configuring Outlook screen but it stops responding. What can I do to complete
installation?

Diane Poremsky June 13th 07 11:19 PM

Why does Outlook 2007 freeze when configuring?

It's probably better to make a new profile, but you can try deleting 4
files:

Rename or delete outcmd.dat, extend.dat, views.dat and frmcache.dat. Outlook
will recreate these files as needed. The first two are probably all you
need delete - outlook will create them as needed. If these doesn't help,
make a new profile.

http://slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/slow.htm has the file locations if you
need them

--