Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   unable to update public free/busy data --- how do i get rid of this error? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/5-unable-update-public-free-busy.html)

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] January 7th 06 06:08 PM

unable to update public free/busy data --- how do i get rid of this error?

Try applying all SPs to the installation.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, lid asked:

[email protected] January 7th 06 09:29 PM

unable to update public free/busy data --- how do i get rid ofthis error?

thanks for the suggestion, I assume you are talking about Office 2002
patches? I will look for any... but i'm reluctant to add patches when
things are working fine other than this.

but not sure why anything would change, i've been running in this
configuration for over 2 years. why all of a sudden?

can you explain exactly what the error means and what is outlook looking
for? i am not using the scheduling features, perhaps i turned it on by
accident. it could be looking for exchange server which it will never find.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] January 8th 06 05:53 AM

unable to update public free/busy data --- how do i get rid of this error?

In ,
lid typed:
thanks for the suggestion, I assume you are talking about Office 2002
patches? I will look for any... but i'm reluctant to add patches when
things are working fine other than this.

but not sure why anything would change, i've been running in this
configuration for over 2 years. why all of a sudden?

Who knows....just be sure you're up to date anyway. If you go to Windows
Update, you should see the option to upgrade to MicrosoftUpdate - this will
also update Office.

can you explain exactly what the error means and what is outlook
looking for? i am not using the scheduling features, perhaps i turned
it on by accident. it could be looking for exchange server which it
will never find.

Do you have Exchange stuff in your mail profile? Did you, ever? Have you
tried creating a new mail profile?

[email protected] January 8th 06 07:45 AM

unable to update public free/busy data --- how do i get rid ofthis error?

Actually I am not using outlook for email at all. i just checked and i
still have my original email account configured the same way, only use
for backup incase the other system goes down.
i clicked send/receive and it worked OK.

I have netscape running on another computer.
thunderbird is also configured on this computer, but not used regularly.

i use outlook only for calendar and contacts.

I will look into updates.