Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Windows Delayed Write Failed message (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/49259-windows-delayed-write-failed-message.html)

tjmc22 May 29th 07 06:57 PM

Windows Delayed Write Failed message

Every time I open Microsoft Outlook I get the following message:

Windows - Delayed Write Failed – unable to save all the data to C:/Documents
and Setting/Owner/Local Settings/Application
Data/Microsoft/Outlook/Outlook.pst. The Data has been lost. This error may
be caused by your computer hardware or your server is not available.

I am able to use Outlook express fine, just prefer to use Outlook. Any
ideas??

Thanks
Tom

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] May 29th 07 07:37 PM

Windows Delayed Write Failed message

Sounds like a hard drive failure or a failure about to happen that's
centered around your Outlook data file (PST file)

Diamontina Cocktail May 30th 07 01:38 AM

Windows Delayed Write Failed message

Get your data backed up quickly. That is more often a sign of a bad error on
your HD. The error may be your HD about to pack it in or simply an error
that booting off an XP disk and going to the first repair prompt then typing
chkdsk /r will fix. However, in fixing the error you always run the risk of
losing data but backup then do as I suggested. It will take some time. Once
it is done, reboot into Windows and try Outlook again. It is a sector error
usually.

"tjmc22" wrote in message
Every time I open Microsoft Outlook I get the following message:

Windows - Delayed Write Failed â?" unable to save all the data to