unable to send out email with Outlook 2007

Old May 25th 07, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
teap

Default unable to send out email with Outlook 2007

I only have one account set up with Outlook and it is not letting me send out
emails. I can recieve but when I send out emails it stays in my outbox and
nothing in my sent folder. I've already tried adjusting my account settings
and all it comes up with is: The connection to the server was interrupted. If
this problem continues, contact your server admistrato or Internet service
provider (ISP).
Is that yahoo or cox? Not sure which one? or am I suppose to do something
else?
Old May 26th 07, 01:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"teap" wrote in message
news
I only have one account set up with Outlook and it is not letting me
send out
emails. I can recieve but when I send out emails it stays in my outbox
and
nothing in my sent folder. I've already tried adjusting my account
settings
and all it comes up with is: The connection to the server was
interrupted. If
this problem continues, contact your server admistrato or Internet
service
provider (ISP).
Is that yahoo or cox? Not sure which one? or am I suppose to do
something
else?

You don't know who you specified as the domain for the e-mail provider
in the account that you defined in Outlook?

Have you yet tried disabling e-mail scanning in your antivirus software?

What happens when you temporarily disable your software firewall?

Old May 26th 07, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Charles W Davis

Yahoo is not an ISP. Cox is an ISP. Your configuration should address the
Cox mail server. It will vary somewhat by area of the country. Here in
Nevada, it is smtp.west.cox.net Yours may vary.

Cox techs will state that they are only trained on Outlook Express. They
will be able to tell you the correct address for the outgoing mail server in
your area.

news