"Not found" when sending Outlook 2003 attachments

Old May 2nd 07, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Scott

Default "Not found" when sending Outlook 2003 attachments

Hi all

Our firm has recently upgraded from Outlook 2002 on XP SP1 to Outlook 2003
on XP SP2. We have noticed an increase in the number of "Not found" messages
that people receive when trying to send an email/appointment containing an
attachment(s). These attachments are inserted via 'Insert menu -- Item',
then selecting another email.

I have searched MS Support website and google'd it, but no joy.

Has anyone else seen this issue before? Do you know what the fix is please?

Thanks
Scott
Old May 3rd 07, 10:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Scott

The backend is Exchange 2003 and hasn't changed, only the clients have
changed. Although, when we first migrated to Outlook 2003, we left Cached
Exchange Mode (CEM) on, but have subsequently turned it off for a number of
users will very large (5GB+) mailboxes, experiencing a noticeable degradation
in performance. Microsoft do not recommend enabling CEM on mailboxes over
1GB.

However, the "not found" message occurs across the firm, not on one
particular Outlook setup. I thought this would have been a known issue, but I
cannot find any info on the web anywhere.

Could it be that the transition from CEM to 'online mode', has meant a batch
of emails are still cached locally only and the rest are stored on the
Exchange server? Would re-enabling CEM on a problem machine resolve this
issue? (I will try...)

Any ideas anyone please?