Fax 2 Email

Old April 29th 07, 11:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default Fax 2 Email

Rules cannot be used to forward faxes in Outlook. Also, You can't use
forward with faxes. You have to Open the fax then Print it to your fax
printer and generate a new fax.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"kourosh" wrote in message
I like to set up my fax to send all incoming faxes to my email address, how
can i do this?

Old April 29th 07, 12:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
kourosh

Old April 29th 07, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rob Schneider

kourosh wrote:
I like to set up my fax to send all incoming faxes to my email address, how
can i do this?

Suggest you Google for some products other than Outlook to do this. I
have (unused) software on my Linux server that does this, for example.
Old April 29th 07, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Vista Fax and Scan does it as well.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old April 29th 07, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rob Schneider

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
Vista Fax and Scan does it as well.

presumably picked up in a Google search.

Old April 30th 07, 07:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
kourosh

Thank you very much,
How about Email To Fax ?

Old April 30th 07, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Forwarding an email as a fax can be done using a rule in Outlook. Create an
address record with the fax number in your Contacts. Then just create a
normal mail rule to look for specific words in the recipient's address and
to forward to a fax address. When the message is received, it will be
immediately rendered and sent out as a fax. You should definitely test
this though to see if you like the results.

To preserve formatting of the message, your rule needs to send the fax as an
attachment. Alternatively, You could try Visto or see if ExLife has a rule
that suits:
http://www.mokry.cz/exchange/

--
Russ Valentine