unable to delete mail in outlook 2003

Old April 11th 07, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default unable to delete mail in outlook 2003

I ran a McAfee cleanup and I've been having tons of problems since.
The most annoying is that the delete shortcut ("X") gives me an error
message "Errors have been detected in the file C:\\ blah blah \Outlook
\Outlook.pst. Use the inbox repair too."

The repair tool didn't find any errors. I looked for answers on the
net and found I don't have a deleted files.dbx file anywhere. Outlook
is supposed to create one if it's missing. I tried making a new
Outlook Data File -- didn't fix the problem.

I can delete mail with Shift-delete but that's a pain and they're gone
for good. Any ideas other than reinstalling Outlook?

Old April 11th 07, 10:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Foldes

joerey

Your Profile is probably corrupted. Set up a new profile. Also OL does not have dbx files they belong to OE.

--
Peter

Old April 11th 07, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Peter Foldes wrote:

MacAfee is not Symnatec although it is just as bad

You're correct, of course. For some reason, I read "McAfee" and thought
"Norton". Stupid mistake.
--
Brian Tillman