Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Cannot Attach File with Outlook 2007 (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/45449-cannot-attach-file-outlook-2007-a.html)

Rob Schneider April 7th 07 01:35 PM

Cannot Attach File with Outlook 2007

Folks,

Just recently installed Outlook 2007. Been using Outlook for 10 years,
so I thought I new what I was doing. Everything tried seems to work,
but cannot attach a file to an email. Use the Insert, Attach a file
menu/buttons. I point the file of interest in the dialog box, press the
"insert" button (bottom right corner). Nothing happens. The attachment
box does not appear below the subject line.

I am able to insert an "object", e.g a contact record, and the
attachment box does then appear below the subject line showing reference
to the attachment.

Is there some sort of security setting I'm missing?

Rob Schneider April 7th 07 02:14 PM

Rob Schneider wrote:
Folks,

Just recently installed Outlook 2007. Been using Outlook for 10 years,
so I thought I new what I was doing. Everything tried seems to work,
but cannot attach a file to an email. Use the Insert, Attach a file
menu/buttons. I point the file of interest in the dialog box, press the
"insert" button (bottom right corner). Nothing happens. The attachment
box does not appear below the subject line.

I am able to insert an "object", e.g a contact record, and the
attachment box does then appear below the subject line showing reference
to the attachment.

Is there some sort of security setting I'm missing?

Figured it out. I was inserting from a file server folder in which I
didn't have the appropriate permissions. It was a PDF file. I
determined the cause of the problem by trying to open the file in Adobe
Acrobat, and it gave a message indicating inadequate permissions.
Outlook 2007, on the other hand, simply did not do it and gave no
indicatin of why not.