Outlook Task Assignment

Old March 26th 07, 01:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Outlook Task Assignment

When I assign a task to someone and recieve a update for that task,
the task is not updated. When I check the "Task Properties" by right
clicking, The "Administration Tab" settings are greyed out,

Does anyone know how to have the tasks update?

Old March 26th 07, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

A few more clues will help he

Which version of Outlook are both of you running? Are you on the same
network?

Do you open the incoming Task Update?

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of
complaining.
Jef Raskin, interviewed in Doctor Dobb's Journal
oups.com...

Old March 31st 07, 10:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

On Mar 25, 8:31 pm, "Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)"
wrote:
A few more clues will help he

Which version of Outlook are both of you running? Are you on the same
network?

Do you open the incoming Task Update?

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlookwww.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of
complaining.
Jef Raskin, interviewed in Doctor Dobb's wrote in message

oups.com...

When I assign a task to someone and recieve a update for that task,
the task is not updated. When I check the "Task Properties" by right
clicking, The "Administration Tab" settings are greyed out,

Does anyone know how to have the tasks update?- Hide quoted text -

Judy thanks for the response.
Answering your questions below.

We are running Outlook 2003.
We are on the same network, but we do not have a mail server.
I incoming task updates will not open.

Old April 3rd 07, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
justlearningit

Hello,
We have a related issue at my office- when the president tasks his assistant
and she marks the task as complete, he receives and is able to open the
e-mail letting him know that she has completed it, but the task itself still
shows as Not Started in his task list. However, it shows as completed in
hers. I have verified that they both have the 'Keep updated copies of
assigned tasks on my task list' option checked in Tools--Options--Task
Options.

They are both on the same Exchange network and are running Office 2003.

Any assistance solving this issue is much appreciated!
Thanks.