Outlook: "Remove extra line breaks" policy or registry setting

Old March 21st 07, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
bbowen8

Default Outlook: "Remove extra line breaks" policy or registry setting

We would like to check the Outlook option Tools | Options | Email
Options | "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages" as the
default option for our users. We were not able to find this setting
available in the Office Customization Wizard or as an option available
to add to the our Office Transform file. I also do not see it
available in the ADM template in Group Policy for Outlook 2002.

I have even tried using tools like Wise to capture making the change
manually and seeing what registry keys are being changed, but even
that has proved futile.

Does anyone know of a way to set this preference other than the user
manually going through Tools | Options in Outlook?

Thanks,

Bill

Old April 3rd 07, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

I don't have the 2002 adm file handy but in Outlook 2003, it's:

PART "Automatically clean up plain text messages" CHECKBOX
KEYNAME Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Op tions\Mail
VALUENAME AutoFormatPlainText
VALUEON NUMERIC 1
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0

--