outlook shutting down immediately (repost)

Old March 8th 07, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

Default outlook shutting down immediately (repost)

Hi

I have outlook installed on an XP workstation. Started with outlook XP.
Outlook opens and you can see the icons and some messages, and shuts down
immediately.

Cannot run in safe mode. Tried to remove profile and same thing happened.
Detect and repair and reinstall did the same thing. We now upgraded to 2003
and the same thing is happening. It is an exchange environement and the
mailbox can be reached via OWA, so the box is fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old March 8th 07, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

DL wrote:

Cannot run in safe mode. Tried to remove profile and same thing
happened. Detect and repair and reinstall did the same thing. We now
upgraded to 2003 and the same thing is happening. It is an exchange
environement and the mailbox can be reached via OWA, so the box is
fine.

I wouldn't be 100% comfortable saying that just because OWA works, that the
mailbox is fine. Outlook is a much richer client and there is always the
possibility that whatever is causing the crash isn't something that OWA
cares about.

Now, if you were to fire up outlook on a *different* machine and it doesn't
crash connecting to this mailbox, I'd feel a lot more comfortable saying
that.

Also, on the problem box, you say you 'tried to remove the profile' so I
want to make sure of a couple things: First, I want to make sure you were
talking about the messaging profile and not the windows profile. I've seen
too many people swap one for the other, I just want to make sure. Second, I
just want to make sure that you were actually successful at creating a whole
new profile and logging into it.

In fact, I'd suggest creating a profile to log into a different mailbox,
which will further narrow down the issue to mailbox vs. client.

I'd also check the Event Viewer Application log to see if a crash is being
logged.

--
f.h.

Old March 8th 07, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Does the application event viewer indicate anything?
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/