Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   hide file extension (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/42776-hide-file-extension.html)

Xavier March 7th 07 05:29 PM

hide file extension

hi,

I'm wondering there is a way to hide the file extension when you right
click on a attachment and got the dialog box "save as" ??

if anybody know,

thanks,

Xav

ps : I'm french excuse my english !! :)

Christian Goeller March 8th 07 12:53 PM

hide file extension

Xavier, you wrote on Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:29:55 +0100:

I'm wondering there is a way to hide the file extension when you right
click on a attachment and got the dialog box "save as" ??

If the attachment has an extension, there is no way to hide it.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

F.H. Muffman March 8th 07 05:28 PM

hide file extension

Xavier wrote:

I'm wondering there is a way to hide the file extension when you right
click on a attachment and got the dialog box "save as" ??

I don't have an answer beyond Christian's, I'm just curious. Why would you
want to do this? I can only come up with one reason and it's not at all a
good one.

--
f.h.

Christian Goeller March 8th 07 08:26 PM

hide file extension

F.H. Muffman, you wrote on Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:53 -0800:

I can only come up with one reason and it's not at all a good one.

While I have read the posting I had the same suspicion ;)

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Christian Goeller March 8th 07 08:29 PM

hide file extension

F.H. Muffman, you wrote on Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:53 -0800:

I can only come up with one reason and it's not at all a good one.

While I have read the posting I had the hunch ;)

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Christian Goeller March 8th 07 08:30 PM

hide file extension

F.H. Muffman, you wrote on Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:53 -0800:

I can only come up with one reason and it's not at all a good one.

While I have read the posting I had the same hunch ;)

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller