How to delete mails on the server automatically?

Old March 6th 07, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
campos

Default How to delete mails on the server automatically?

Hi all,

I use Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Exchange Server to send/recv mails.
Plenty of mails every day and my mail box will be full. How can I
config the Outlook so as to download and save the mails on my hard
disk and delete them on the server automatically?

When I used a POP3/SMTP mail server, I could just uncheck a box "Leave
copy of messages on the server" and mails would be deleted
automatically. It seems there is no such checkbox like that when I use
a Microsoft Exchange Server.

Thanks in advance!

Old March 6th 07, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

campos wrote:

I use Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Exchange Server to send/recv mails.
Plenty of mails every day and my mail box will be full. How can I
config the Outlook so as to download and save the mails on my hard
disk and delete them on the server automatically?

You have two choices that I can see. One is to create a PST and make it the
delivery location, but then you'll lose the sharing featires of Outlook and
people won't be able to see your calendar. Another is to create a rule that
will move all items of type Message to a PST while leaving all the other
items in the Exchange mailbox.
--
Brian Tillman