"MS Outlook has Encountered a Problem" when I try to load

Old February 24th 07, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Banksman

Default "MS Outlook has Encountered a Problem" when I try to load

Every time I try to load Outlook 2002 I get a "Encountered a Problem" message
with "Send" or "Don't Send" error messages. After clicking either, it loads
into safe mode each time.

However, I want to correct it so it loads properly each time. The error
signature I get when clicking on details is:
AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: mso.dll
ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 00054e22
Then there is a huge amount of text in the details, mostly program code
which I don't understand.

I've tried repairing it - it didn't work. I've tried completely uninstalling
it and re-installing from the original disk, but when it's installed it does
the same - including looking for my old .pst file (which I guess could be
corrupt). So I've tried moving the .pst file so it doesn't pick it up on
re-install, and instead would just create a new blank template. However it
still looks for the files after re-install! It says "cannot find outlook.pst"
then "cannot find outlook backup.pst" - the two files I'd deliberately moved
so it would just create a new template. But it's not interested in creating
the new template unfortunately - by the way - I don't mind losing my two
files - I just want my outlook to work again and I can re-enter my calendar
and contact details.

I'd be really grateful if anyone can help with this, it's very frustrating.

Many thanks,

John

Old March 16th 07, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan

Hi,

You can try our product Advanced Outlook Repair to repair your PST
file. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other
objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Please visit http://www.datanumen.com/aor/index.htm for detailed
information about Advanced Outlook Repair.

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe

Alan Chen
DataNumen, Inc. - World leader in data recovery technologies
Website: http://www.datanumen.com
Fax: +1-800-9917-FAX (US Toll-Free)