Vista - OutLook 2007 - PPC2003SE - sync problems - partial sync

Old April 4th 07, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Brad Wilson

Default Vista - OutLook 2007 - PPC2003SE - sync problems - partial syn

I have also had problems with this and no solution. I imagine MS has to
acknowledge the problem and I hope there may be a fix. Does anyone know
anything yet? I tried to use virtual pc 2007 with xp, outlook 2003 but it
can't see usb devices. I do love MS products but this stuff is very
frustrating. If anyone has anything can you please get with me at
nctarheelfan@gmail

Thanks,

Brad

"Stefan Krueger [MVP]" wrote:

Looks like I have the same problem as Paul: Vista Ultimate, Windows Mobile
Device Center installed, only release versions, no beta. My Windows
Smartphone 2003 (Motorola MPx220) can sync to the Exchange server, but I
want to sync contacts and calendar to the local machine instead of directly
sync'ing with Exchange (because I want to filter by category). This doesn't
work, it just doesn't sync any calender or contact data. No error messages.
Same worked without problem with Outlook 2003 on XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

"Paul P" wrote in message
I have set up a new Vista Business & Office 2007 system. I can
connect
my Pocket PC to the system. The Sync'd Files operates correctly
in
both directions. Sync'ing to Outlook 2007 does not.

Changes on the PPC are not recorded to Outlook nor are changes
Outlook recorded back to the PPC.

I also run Pocket Quicken thru the same connection. It works
fine.
All things point towards a problem with Outlook2007

I've called tech support and the issue has risen thru three
levels
of
tech support. We've deleted, restored, reinstalled, scrubbed
registry, booted with all services but essential ones - all
the
things you would normally do and still no joy.

I am awaiting a call-back from the Research Team now.

Has anyone else run into this? All other aspects of the
machines
work
normally. The PPC sync'd to Outlook2003 and WinXP without any
problems.

Ain't it fun being on the Bleeding Edge? You meet some of the
nicest
guys while talking to tech support.

Paul

Old April 11th 07, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Matthias

Default Vista - OutLook 2007 - PPC2003SE - sync problems - partial sync

Hi,

seems like a lot of people are having the same problem. So me. Got Windows
Vista Business and Outlook 2007 and a Windows Mobile 5.0.
I tried almost everything to get the sync working. Documents, OneNote Mobile
works just fine, but nothing from Outlook.
I think the problem is based that Vista blocks the file acsess to the .pst
file or the MAPI Service is blocked somehow. I turned off the Firewall, the
Defender, some other services... but nothing happend. The error message
doesn't tell anything. But out of the look files it seems to stick together
with the MAPI or personal file from Outlook.
Even changing the options in Outlook "Vertrauenstellungscenter" (german
version", like the trust center, giving all macros and add-ins full rights
didn't work out.

So please, could someone, even a MS-person, try to find out what is the
problem. I mean Visa, Office07 and a PocketPC 5.0 is a lot of many... and in
the end, it dosn't work.

Thanks a lot. maybe there are some good clues in my post where to find the
problem...

Matthias

"Paul P" wrote:

I have set up a new Vista Business & Office 2007 system. I can connect my
Pocket PC to the system. The Sync'd Files operates correctly in both
directions. Sync'ing to Outlook 2007 does not.

Changes on the PPC are not recorded to Outlook nor are changes to Outlook

Old May 2nd 07, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Abdulkadar Khambati [MSFT]

Hi Matthias,

Try the following and see if that helps.

1) Delete your current partnership on the device. (You can do this by going
to Mobile Device Settings - End partnership when the device is not
connected or you can delete the partnership directly from the device)

2) Repair your Outlook profile you are trying to sync against.

3) Reboot your machine.

4) Connect your device and set up a new partnership.

Thanks,
Abdulkadar

Old July 22nd 07, 02:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
M. F. B.

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I have both a new computer with Vista
and Microsoft Office 2007 and WMDC. My Outlook information syncs correctly,
but when I attempt to open mobile Excel and Word documents, I get alot of
jibberish.

Old September 20th 07, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
dovidle

If it's any consolation, I've got the same problem on XP. When I upgraded
from Office 2003 to 2007 it stopped syncing properly with my iPaq. Entries
on the iPaq are copied to the PC but not all items on the PC are transferred
to the iPaq. So it looks like an Outlook 2007 problem not a Vista problem

"Phil" wrote:

Hi all,
I've got exactly the same problem : Vista Integral edition / outlook 2007 /
IPAQ WdsM2k3.
I'm so interest in an answer, if there is one, i try all the ressource i can
find but...
Thanks for your help

"Christian Carroll [MSFT]" a écrit dans le
message de ...
Hi Paul,

Would you be willing to send me those log files? My personal email
address is .

Note to forum users: I won't respond to email sent to the above address.
I use it strictly for information/file transfers such as I am requesting
from Paul.

Christian

--
Christian Carroll [MSFT]
rights.

"Paul P" wrote in message
news
Christian,
Tried new profile, tried different user, tried registry scrub and then
clean reinstall, deleted and reconnect PDA, None of these had any affect.
Enabled Log files per Chris De Herrera's info - they don't show any error
messages but I also admit I don't understand what they are reporting.

I am in contact with Level 4 Tech support at Microsoft (Research level?).
They've played with the machine via EasyAssist and said "we'll get back
to you, we don't know"

Problem appears to be an Outlook 2007 issue since WMDC does work for
Files and for Pocket Quicken

????

Paul

"Christian Carroll [MSFT]" wrote in message
Hi Paul,

It will be a bit of a pain, but you might try creating a new Outlook
profile. Once you get the new profile created, set it as the default.
Then try to sync with Outlook again and see if that gets things working
for you.

--
Christian Carroll [MSFT]
rights.

"Paul P" wrote in message
WMDC is installed. File Sync works properly, Pocket Quicken Sync works
properly (all functions thru WMDC)

Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes WILL NOT sync with Outlook 2007

Paul

"Abdulkadar [MSFT]" wrote in message
Hi Paul,

Have you installed Windows Mobile Device Center? You did not mention
Windows Mobile Device Center anywhere in your post, so was wondering
if you have installed it. Windows Mobile Device Center is needed to
sync Outlook data with your device. You can install Windows Mobile
Device Center from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx.

Also, do you see a Windows Mobile Device Center icon under Control
Panel - Classic View? If yes, then would you be able to tell me what
comes up by clicking on the icon?

Thanks,
Abdulkadar

rights.

Old October 26th 07, 05:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Gerald Jerry Patrick Wood

I don't feel so lonely anymore i did ge tit to work once and then it willnot
I have Vista Business outlook 2007 and a tmobile mda . I tworked falwlessly
with xp pro outlok 2003 now I live in fear of missing an appopintment! or
being unalbe to transfer a ophone number !

"Rodric Vos" wrote:

Hi,

Same problem here. PPC is Orange M500 (a Qtek S100 with PPC 2003 US).
Syncing with two computers:
1) Compaq Desktop with W2K and ActiveSync 4.x: OK
2) ASUS A6Jc laptop with Vista Enterprise and Office 2007 Pro Plus: NOT OK.

Th ASUS computer used to have WinXP SP1 with ActiveSync 4.x installed and
Office 2003, all was OK. But after clean-install of Vista with Sync Center /
Mobile Device Center, not all is synchronized. Strangely enough, notes and
contacts are synced, but not all calendar items are. In Sync Center you can
monitor the sync-process; it reports "syncronizing x of 31" and then it says
for a very brief moment: 30 unresolved and then lists the last sync date. No
prompt on what to do with the unresolved items.

If I create a new contact on the PPC, it is synced to the PC. If the contact
is deleted on the PC, it is deleted via synchronization on the PPC. That
works.
If I create a new calendar item on the PPC it is NOT replicated to the PC
and if a new calendar item is created on the PC, it is NOT replicated to the
PPC.
I do notice on the PPC that some duplicate entries appear, suggesting that
since the partnership, items were replicated. But it stops somewhere.

My suggestion is that the calendar items cannot be resolved, because they
contain contact names that do not appear in my Contacts. This renders
certain calendar items unresolvable. And this somehow breaks the further
syncronization or replication process.

Regards,
Rodric

remove the dash in my e-mail for direct response.

"Greg Alford" wrote in message
I have exactly the same problem. My IPAQ HX 4700 worked just fine with XP
and Outlook 2003. I have since upgraded to vista and office 2007 and I
cant get any of my data to sync. I am so frustrated right now I don't know
what to do. I have windows mobile center on computer. It appears to
recognize my IPAQ, however the data is not sync! HELP!

Greg
"Phil" wrote in message
Hi all,
I've got exactly the same problem : Vista Integral edition / outlook 2007
/ IPAQ WdsM2k3.
I'm so interest in an answer, if there is one, i try all the ressource i
can find but...
Thanks for your help

"Christian Carroll [MSFT]" a crit dans le

Old October 29th 07, 01:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Gerald Jerry Patrick Wood[_2_]

Ok it works now I had teh mda hooked up to the sync cable and hit window
supdate and finally the corrects drivers can across an dvoila it work thanks

"Paul P" wrote in message
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no
rights.