Reply/forward icons do not change

Old February 22nd 07, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DK

Default Reply/forward icons do not change

I have a user who is runnig Outlook 2003 Sp2 and connecting to
Exchange 2003.
When the user replies or forwards a message, the envelope icon does
not change to reflect that it has been forwarded or replied to (I.e.
no envelope icon with either a blue or purple arrow). This happens
intermittently. For example 5 messages would have the correct icons
and then suddenly the 6th one would just show an open envelope icon
like you have read the mail. The icon does not change and the title
bar message " You repied to this mesage on xxxx date xxxx time" does
not appear.

We have tried reinstalling and repairing outlook. It has not helped.

Any idea why this is happening?

I would really really appreciate any help!!