outlook 2007 and search

Old February 16th 07, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ian Burton

Default outlook 2007 and search

Quicksearch on Outlook 2007 on Vista doesn't work for me. It returns no
results, even when i know the contact, email etc is there.
I have followed the help to rebuild the index in Vista by going to Control
Panel, indexing options, and making sure that the Microsoft Outlook is in
the list, and then rebuilding. However, it says there are 4000 items to
index, which doesn't seem very much. Also, Microsogft Outlook 2007 is in
cached mode to a Microsoft Exchange Server.

My old Winxp machine has outlook 2007 open, and search works fine there, but
i just cannot get it to work on vista, which makes outlook almost useless.

we use Public folders for shared contacts. How do i make sure this is being
indexed? Also, how can I change the level of detail it is indexing for
these contacts. For instance, I want all data within the contact record to
be searchable in the Quicksearch find toolbar. How do I do this, How do I
control this?

I want to roll out Office 2007 to our 300 users, but I am nervous of giving
the go ahead with these unresolved problems.

Thanks for any advice.

Ian Burton