Office Outlook 2003 Questions

Old February 14th 07, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Mike

Default Office Outlook 2003 Questions

Hi, I just loaded my Verizon DSL account on a XP sp2 Pro PC w/ MS Office
2003, sp2.
I'm using Outlook (not OE) to send/receive email and I configured it to link
to OE as a news reader.
and added a "News" button to the Outlook toolbar. However, by mistake I
didn't add the News button to
the Outlook Go menu button I addded it to the Toolbar just to the left of
ther Go Button. At first it worked great
I'd just click on the News button and it brought to screenn the newsgroups
I had subscribed to.now when I click
on the News button it brings up an Explorer window that displays System
files.

How can I remove the News button from the Tool ar and add it to the Go
Button on the Toolbar and how can I get it to display subscribed news groups
instead of some System files? I now access newsgroups by manually opening
OE the Outlook 2003 the News button was almost elegant when it worked.

Thanks

Old February 15th 07, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Roady [MVP]

Verify that OE is set as the default newsreader in Control Panel-Internet
Options- tab Programs. For additional solutions see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm

As for the button;
View- Toolsbars- Customize and move the button to weherever you want it to
be. Drop it off the toolbar to remove the button completely.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----

Old February 16th 07, 03:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Mike

"Roady [MVP]" t wrote in
message news

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

It's worse than I thought I just opened Outlook Express and see that it's
still receiving email. I guess I should remove mail servers from OE mail
configuration becaause Outlook is configured to receive my email?

Old February 16th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Roady [MVP]

Yes, if you don't want to use OE to receive your mails you should remove the
accounts.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/