How to choose which account to send mail

Old February 7th 07, 06:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Deon

Default How to choose which account to send mail

Hi there,

Outlook 2003

I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the
other private.
How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e-
mails from my private account and other times from my work account.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

--
Regards,

Deon H
Old February 7th 07, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Harry

On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon wrote:
HI,

Before sending the mail u can check in program
"Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail-
id of the current configured account.(which is activated).

May be this is your problem's solution.

-Thanks
Harry

Old February 7th 07, 10:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Carmine Castiglia

"Deon" wrote in message
40.158...
Hi there,

Outlook 2003

I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the
other private.
How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send
e-
mails from my private account and other times from my work account.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

--
Regards,

Deon H

I don't know about 2003 specifically, but if you open a New Message or a
Reply window, look for an "Accounts" button alongside the "Send" button.
Use the down-pointing arrow to expand the list of accounts and click the one
you want as the "Sent From" account.

Carmine Castiglia
http://www.infosystemspro.com
PalmOS apps for engineers and machinists

Old February 7th 07, 11:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Deon

"Carmine Castiglia" wrote in
:

"Deon" wrote in message
[...]

Carmine,

you were so right. Thank you so much. It works in 2003 also. Now I have
to figure out how to let new mails for account one go to a seperate
"profile" than that of account 2.

--
Regards,

Deon H
Old February 7th 07, 12:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"Deon" wrote in message
40.158...

you were so right. Thank you so much. It works in 2003 also. Now I have
to figure out how to let new mails for account one go to a seperate
"profile" than that of account 2.

If you REALLY want to do that, then you need to a) set up a new profile in
Control Panel-Mail and b) set up one account in the new profile, and remove
the same account from the old. Be aware however, that you cannot switch
profiles without first closing Outlook. A far better solution is to manually
create a folder within Outlook for one of the email accounts, and set up a
Rule to move all emails sent to that account into it.

HTH

Old February 7th 07, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Carmine Castiglia

Carmine,

you were so right. Thank you so much. It works in 2003 also. Now I have
to figure out how to let new mails for account one go to a seperate
"profile" than that of account 2.

--
Regards,

Deon H

Deon,

Right-click on Outlook Today or Inbox in the folder list and select "New
Folder" from the context menu. Name the new folder "Inbox - Home Account".
Create a second folder and call it "Inbox - Business Account" (or whatever).

Now find Tools - Rules Wizard (may be different in 2003). Click "New",
"Start form a new rule", "Check messages when they arrive", "through the
specified account", "Next", "move it to the specified folder". In each of
the last steps you need to look in the bottom pane and click the highlighted
text to choose the account and folder names.

Do the above twice, once for your Home account/Home Inbox, and again for
your Business account/Business Inbox. Now, if you want, return to the Rules
Wizard main window and select the "Run Now" button to automagically move the
messages already in your original Inbox into the two separate folders.

Carmine