Howto save Word attachment?

Old February 6th 07, 08:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Deon

Default Howto save Word attachment?

Hi there.

Outlook 2003

When someone sends me an e-mail with a word document attached to it, from
OE, the attached document displays as a mail in my inbox, and not a message
with an attached document. I need to have the document seperate to save it.
How do I do this?

--
Regards,

Deon H
Old February 6th 07, 04:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook]

The originator of the email should turn off Rich Text formatting and use
HTML or plain text.

--
Regards,

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
MVP - Microsoft Outlook

40.158...

Old February 6th 07, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

The originator of the email should turn off Rich Text formatting and
use HTML or plain text.

For OE, "Rich Text" _is_ HTML, so this doesn't apply.
--
Brian Tillman
Old February 6th 07, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Deon wrote:

Outlook 2003

When someone sends me an e-mail with a word document attached to it,
from OE, the attached document displays as a mail in my inbox, and
not a message with an attached document. I need to have the document
seperate to save it. How do I do this?

How the message appears to you is, for the most part, controlled by the
sender. I suspect they're not attaching it. I send Word documents from OE
to Outlook frequently and they always appear as attachments that can be
saved. I'd be curious to know how the sender is composing the message and
"attaching" the document.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 7th 07, 07:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Deon

"Brian Tillman" wrote in
:

Deon wrote:

Outlook 2003

When someone sends me an e-mail with a word document attached to it,
from OE, the attached document displays as a mail in my inbox, and
not a message with an attached document. I need to have the document
seperate to save it. How do I do this?

How the message appears to you is, for the most part, controlled by
the sender. I suspect they're not attaching it. I send Word
documents from OE to Outlook frequently and they always appear as
attachments that can be saved. I'd be curious to know how the sender
is composing the message and "attaching" the document.

Thanx for the replies. I'll check it out.

--
Regards,

Deon H