Two cases of same Folder group in Outlook 2003

Old January 16th 07, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default Two cases of same Folder group in Outlook 2003

Even a cursory glance at the posts in this group will answer your question.
Importing a PST file always corrupts your Outlook profile. It is never the
correct way to transfer Outlook data.
Your profile cannot be repaired. Create a new one from scratch and migrate
your Outlook data correctly: open the PST file in Outlook and either copy
what you need from it or set it to be used as your new default information
store.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
wrote in message

In my folders area I have two listings of "personal folders" and all
the subfolders. I imported the data and somehow got two copies of that
folder. My hotmail and MSN folders are ok. How do I merge the two, or
delete one of these accounts?

Thanks...

Old January 17th 07, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

Your other, multi post, explicitly states that you imported.

wrote in message
I didn't import the data. I copied the data (pst) file directly. I
did a search before I posted and didn't see anything directly relating
to the precise problem I had.

Thanks...

Old January 17th 07, 02:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

What a relief. I'm so glad you didn't import your data. Except you said you
did and you are reporting the consequences of having done so. Post clearly
and accurately if you want help. You are wasting the time and good will of
the group when you do otherwise.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]