(outlook 2003) office word 2003 wont be set as default editor

Old January 15th 07, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jason

Default (outlook 2003) office word 2003 wont be set as default editor

I have pop mail comming in to outlook 2003 all fine till a re-install on a
new laptop. when ever i try to use word as my default email editor, I an
getting an error telling me that "word is not installed or is damaged". Word
works perfectl well on its own and if word is open before I open outlook it
will use word as the editor. have tried all updates and the Detect & repair
function to no avail.
Absolutly Stumped... Any assistance would be fantastic..

Jason
Old January 16th 07, 05:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jetpilot86

I have this exact same problem(New machine, Outlook is lost), except I'm
running WordXP(2002). The only thing I've noticed is that there is a trial
edition of Office2003 that is on my machine also. I suspect that my OL2002
is looking there for Word instead of for WordXP(2002). I have had no luck
getting OL to work around it.