.PST DISAPPEARED, LOST EVERYTHING... HELP

Old January 10th 07, 05:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Stockmoose16

Default .PST DISAPPEARED, LOST EVERYTHING... HELP

My computer kept bringing up a window saying the .pst file for my
outlook was corrupt. It said I should run chkdsk. I restarted the
computer, and chkdsk ran... but my .pst file is gone. I've searched my
whole hard drive, and it's nowhere to be found. What happened? I have
no backup. Is there any way to recover it?

Old January 10th 07, 08:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ben M. Schorr - MVP

Aloha Stockmoose16,

When you searched your hard drive, did you tell the search to check the hidden
and system folders? In Outlook 2003 the PST file is saved in a hidden folder
which won't appear under normal searches.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

Old January 10th 07, 08:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Stockmoose16

Yes, i searched the hidden files. The only thing I could find was a
backup from 4 months ago. How do I recover all the e-mails?

Old January 10th 07, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

If you are sure you located all pst's, and opening them didnt show the
origonal info, then they are apparently gone

ups.com...

Old January 10th 07, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ben M. Schorr - MVP

Aloha Stockmoose16,

I suppose you don't have any backups of your data?

If you don't then short of doing some fairly hardcore forensics on your hard
drive I think you're probably out of luck.