Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook email send test fails (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/37317-outlook-email-send-test-fails.html)

Reteffets January 10th 07 04:28 AM

Outlook email send test fails

I am trying to tie my Outlook to my sbc.yahoo email account. It seems to
receive all my email messages just fine but it fails sending messages. The
message states I need to look at the email address I am using. I have enter
my sbc.yahoo email address in that field. Is this correct or should I be
entering a "new outlook" email address? If yes, how do I know what that is?

Brian Tillman January 10th 07 05:55 PM

Reteffets wrote:

I am trying to tie my Outlook to my sbc.yahoo email account. It
seems to receive all my email messages just fine but it fails sending
messages. The message states I need to look at the email address I
am using. I have enter my sbc.yahoo email address in that field. Is
this correct or should I be entering a "new outlook" email address?
If yes, how do I know what that is?

Did you read the documentation AT&T sent you when you obtained your install
kit? The incoming server should be pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com , the outgoing
server should be smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com, your e-mail address should be
and your username should also be . The
"My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" box on the Outgoing
Server tab of your account properties should be checked. Here's more
information:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...CH063565691033
--
Brian Tillman