Deleting Read Receipts ? Oulook Spy not working.

Old January 8th 06, 10:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Wolfsbane2k

Default Deleting Read Receipts ? Oulook Spy not working.

Morning Diane.

I've only got the one PST file open, and it's not at the root of that.

I've looked through the root of the IMAP folders as well as a double check,
and it's not there either.

It's now narked me off so much i installed vpop3 on a local machine to get
rid of it by dumping it into a server i could control, but that seemed a
little heavy handed!

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

"Wolfsbane2k" wrote in message
Hi,

Using Outlook 2003, SP2.

I've recently been checking a a whole load of old emails, some of which
had read receipts on them - which outlook is now trying to send.

However, one read receipt is trying to go to a domain that no longer
exists - (found by watching the TCP/IMAP packets) so it's hanging outlook
and stopping my normal emails from going - as the proper SMTP server is
now responding with a "no domain" error.

I've tried to locate the read receipts using outlook spy as per
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm but it's not showing up in
the root container.

Any idea what else i can do to erradicate this annoying receipt?

Thanks in advance,
Wolfsbane2k

Old January 10th 06, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Wolfsbane2k wrote:

It's now narked me off so much i installed vpop3 on a local machine
to get rid of it by dumping it into a server i could control, but
that seemed a little heavy handed!

Another approach would be to create a new PST and make it your default
delivery location. This would create a brand-new, empty Outbox. You could
then move all your other data to the new PST and close and delete the old
one containing the receipt.
--
Brian Tillman