Contact Email Name Display

Old January 6th 07, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David Vincent-Jones

Default Contact Email Name Display

Outlook 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro

I have set my Contact "File As" to show LastName,FirstName but the Email
"Display As" always shows FirstName,Lastname,EmailAddress.

Very annoying ... any way to change this?

Old January 6th 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Edit the email display? It includes the email address so you can more easily
know it's the correct address you want to use - important if the contact has
2 or 3.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old January 6th 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You can only change the Display As field by editing it directly. It is of
too little consequence for most people to bother worrying about it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 7th 07, 07:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Marchert

You can use the Tool "ChangeNames" (http://tinyurl.com/ybqjt2) to
change the field "Display As" automatically.

Best Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marchert
[EDP-Service Marchert]

Old January 8th 07, 02:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

please include the full url so visitors can see what domain it points to,
otherwise they won't have a chance to decide if it's a legitimate site or
one containing malware.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

oups.com...

Old January 8th 07, 07:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Marchert

People, who do not trust some one, who wants to help them, could
activate the preview function for tiny urls:
http://tinyurl.com/preview.php

Best Regards
Peter

--

Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

"Peter Marchert" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

You can use the Tool "ChangeNames" (http://tinyurl.com/ybqjt2) to
change the field "Display As" automatically.

Best Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marchert
[EDP-Service Marchert]
Homepage:http://www.marchert.de
Programming for Excel- and Outlook

On 6 Jan., 18:55, "David Vincent-Jones" wrote:
Outlook 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro

I have set my Contact "File As" to show LastName,FirstName but the Email
"Display As" always shows FirstName,Lastname,EmailAddress.

Very annoying ... any way to change this?- Zitierten Text ausblenden -- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Old January 8th 07, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

a lot of the visitors here (and in other forums) are looking for answers,
not shorter url site support - they have neither the time nor the interest
in looking for preview options the various shorter url sites use.

Unless you can create a tinyurl with preview enabled, either post both the
full url and the tinyurl or just the full url. Hiding legitimate sites
behind a hidden url serves no useful purpose.

Old January 8th 07, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Marchert

Ok, next time I will do so.

Best Regards
Peter

--

On 8 Jan., 18:49, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
[...]

ausblenden -- Zitierten Text anzeigen -- Zitierten Text ausblenden -- Zitierten Text anzeigen -